Major Alaskan oil field shutting down - August 2006

Randy

Super Moderator
What makes me curious is how this has gone undetected until now. Something ain't right in River City!:horse:

Where was the preventive maintenance program? Where were inspections?

I'm sorry but the fat DUH factor comes into play here and the stockholders ought to demand and orchestrate a house cleaning of Biblical proportions amongst the senior leadership of this organization. what has happened in my opinion is inexcusable. This did not just happen overnight, one day it isn't OK and the next day it's bad. Uh, uh I don't buy it and not too many other folkks will either.:mad:

On top of the stockholder thing what we have here is a strategic commodity that has not been properly managed and there ought to be some big WHYS being asked.

This thing pegs out the fun meter.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Randy said:
I'm sorry but the fat DUH factor comes into play here and the stockholders ought to demand and orchestrate a house cleaning of Biblical proportions amongst the senior leadership of this organization. what has happened in my opinion is inexcusable. This did not just happen overnight, one day it isn't OK and the next day it's bad. Uh, uh I don't buy it and not too many other folkks will either.:mad:

On top of the stockholder thing what we have here is a strategic commodity that has not been properly managed and there ought to be some big WHYS being asked.
Excuse me, Mr. The-ONLY-THING-BUSINESS-SHOULD-CARE-ABOUT-IS-PROFIT, but someone at BP made the decision that pipeline preventive maintenance does not bring profit in the short term. You defend profit at all costs. There you have it.....Funny how the shareholders did not question the investiment in PM when everything was rosy and the stock price was only going up. Managing risks. It is the name of the game.

Randy

Super Moderator
Preventive maintenance = efficiency = profitability

Preventive maintenance is investment not cost and therefore should be treated as such. Just another example of not getting it.

Shortsighted management leads to long term loss.

As for the investors, they essentially trust high paid fat aszes to manage responsibly for bothe the long and short term...I'm an investor, not big, but I know that I'm gonna lose in this deal. Right now down $0.31 per

Last edited:
Top Bottom