Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Malaysia Airlines Plane May Have Crashed - March 2014

M

MIREGMGR

Re: Oil Slick Sighting Is First Sign Malaysia Airlines Plane May Have Crashed

DigitalGlobe, the largest commercial satellite Earth-imagery company, has been using part of its network of imaging satellites for the past several days to shoot images of the search area, and has been running a crowdsource image analysis effort. They say that they've served 10K km2 of imagery, each image has been reviewed by at least 30 separate users, and they're going to add 14K km2 more image-area over the next 24 hours as a further enlargement of the search area. By comparison, an aircraft using eyeball-only observers (and therefore limited to relatively low altitude, compared to camera capabilities) can effectively search only about 30 km2 in eight hours.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator

From the Professional Pilots Rumor Network, post #2740 offers a glimmer of hope while making sense to me:

http://www.pprune.org/8371215-post2740.html

Sorry, this post has been removed.

It postulated that no information will be coming from the authorities if they are onto any hijackers. Instead, their priorities will be:

1. Safety of the passengers
2. Apprehend the perpetrators
3. Inform the public

...as I recall.

John

Last edited:
B

bi-lo

Just for everyone's info, the contradicting statements of Azharuddin Abdul Rahman, director-general of the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) and Khalid Abu Bakar, Inspector-General of Police, are shown here:

Who Can Believe Malaysia Now?

M

MIREGMGR

If they genuinely wanted to find it they would bring out their hi teck stuff but they wont because that would mean telling and admitting the world they've got it.
Actually this kind of consideration does appear to be playing a major role in the process confusion.

China has been avoiding providing too much or too-detailed satellite information because they don't want to cause geopolitical friction with their neighbors' governments or populations in regard to their much greater regional military/economic-information dominance than used to be the case.

Malaysia, Viet Nam, Thailand, Singapore and China, all of which have military concerns about potential air/sea regional conflict, have been unwilling to provide too much or too-detailed ground-based radar information because disclosing your precise technical capabilities weakens your defenses by allowing an adversary to analyze your system's capabilities and weaknesses, and determine an optimal way to incur into your territory before detection.

And, every country with naval resources in that area on the date of the MH370 flight that are of a size to have an air defense weapon system that includes air search radar...which certainly includes China and is believed to include Viet Nam, Malaysia and maybe Singapore, plus possibly other nations (but for the record not the US, our regional fleet having been well to the east of the area of interest that night) has similarly been unwilling to disclose their radar capabilities.

This is my words, but based on London Telegraph analysis--they have a defense and international affairs expert on-scene in Malaysia. Also, the list of countries above obviously should have included Indonesia, and maybe Myanmar as well; and today India (which has a sizeable deep-water navy) said that they will make a major deployment to their southern waters.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator

At least for me--I'm not a registered user, maybe that makes a difference--that post isn't there. What did it have to say?
MIREGMGR,

Sorry, it has been removed so I have updated my post #32.

Thanks for bringing its deletion to my attention.

John

kgott

Quite Involved in Discussions

The "out of fuel over the Indian Ocean" theory also doesn't seem to account for the various cellphones that still were active well beyond the longest possible time the plane could have been in the air.
If a mobile phone rang on the plane after is went missing, it must have been within range of a transmitter, and if it rang then the NSA would know exactly where that transmitter was, so therefore they must know exactly where the phones are and therefore know where the plane was at that time wouldn't they?

M

MIREGMGR

There's been a lot of discussion lately of early information that some now say was misleading or incomplete, and others defend. I haven't seen any comments though, either revisionist or otherwise, about the cellphone stories...which seemed strongly founded because they combined firsthand reports from Chinese relatives and friends, with statements to reporters by airline staff regarding their employees / co-workers.

And yes, if there were calls placed that were delivered to network-connected phones, one would think that the routing of those calls would be in the traffic databases and it would be a simple matter to look for the phones within X km around the final-connection tower.

TPMB4

A lot more has come out over the weekend but it still allows for plenty of conspiracy theories to survive. In my view it is all the guessing and conspiracy theories/claims that are damaging. Damaging to the relatives and friends or colleagues of the flight team. Trust of the Malaysian authorities has gone, whether fairly or unfairly I can not comment, but perhaps some of the fog of the situation has been operational and the need to follow through on leads behind the scenes.

I am sure China and other nations have had a firm hand not least because of their interest in their nationals or with USA their interest in the global policeman role they have been given or have given themselves. It will come out to a level that will satisfy most people then the news will move on. Way of things.

kgott

I have downloaded a map showing some 200+ airstrips that plane could land on in the flight radius. Some 10 or so are mine sites in Australia's north west which are serviced by A330's. These are all 2 km long sealed runways.

Turning the plane out into the vast Indian ocean just does not make any sense at all, in fact it defines common sense.

The one landing strip that was not shown on the map is Diargo Garcia

Top Bottom