Malaysian Medical Device Registration Requirements

N

nurhakim

Hi there,

I am in need of important information regarding the medical device registration in Malaysia:

a) CSDT-do we need to have a different set for MDA? The one that I have is a Technical File.

Thanks in advance for those who can help.:thanks::thanks:

Regards,
Nur

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Re: Malaysian Medical Device Registration

You need to fulfill the requirements of the CSTD template.
The supporting documents will come from your technical documentation.
You will also need to supply a copy of your QMS certification, an attestation and a Declaration of Conformity.

Murni Ahmad

Involved In Discussions
Hi,

A quick tip. Rearrange your technical file into CSDT.

The contents are the same, with some additional country specific requirements such as

Declaration of Conformity
Declaration of Labeling of product placed in Malaysia
Attestation of Management Representative

Murni

N

nurhakim

Thank you Murni.

Murni, does it means that I need to incorporate my Tech File into a CSDT? Should the title be changed too?

I am a newbie here and is arranging for registration of medical device.

Murni Ahmad

Involved In Discussions
Thank you Murni.

Murni, does it means that I need to incorporate my Tech File into a CSDT? Should the title be changed too?

Hi Hakim,

Peace be upon you.

Yes you may want to change the title.

Sharing my note on preparing Malaysia CSDT;

6 Elements of CSDT for ABC system.
6.1 Executive summary
-regulatory approvals and commercial marketing history
6.2 Relevant essential principles and rule used to demonstrate conformity
- provide EP checklist and DOC
6.3 Description of medical device
- provide manuals,ifu
6.4 Summary of design verification and validation documents
6.4.1 Pre-clinical studies
-biocompatibility/preclinical test/preclinical animal studies
6.4.2 Software validation studies
-software validation report
6.4.3 Medical devices containing biological material
-details are requested in guidance 3.too long to type....haha
6.5 Clinical evidence
-Clinical evaluation report
6.6 Use of existing bibliography
-clinical papers
6.7 Medical device labelling
-sample of labelling, IFU, manuals.
6.8 Risk analysis
-Risk management report/analysis
6.9 Manufacturer information
-Manufacturing process, QMS certification.
APPENDIX A – Essential Principles Conformity Checklist - MDA template
APPENDIX B – List of configurations of medical device to be registered - MDA template from [email protected]

Thank you Murni.

Yes Murni the CSTD will contain certain information copied from your technical documentation/technical file. Name this file 'Common Submission Dossier' (CSD).[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hello,

I am trying to get Malaysian essential principals checklist and DOC templates, but am unable to find them anywhere (including the MDA website). Could someone please provide me with these templates in word format?

Thank you,
Rashmi

Hello,

I am trying to get Malaysian essential principals checklist and DOC templates, but am unable to find them anywhere (including the MDA website). Could someone please provide me with these templates in word format?

Thank you,
Rashmi
Hi Rashmi,

The DOC Template is included in MDA/GD/0025 (page 6-7). For EPSP, you may refer to MDA/GD/0007.

Hope this helps.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Malaysian Authorized Representative for Medical Device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
Mikishots Malaysian Airlines Flight Search is Over? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 25
M MDSAP Medical devices Supplyers Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
C. Tejeda Process validation of rework assembly methods (medical devices) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
B FDA regulations medical device prescription fulfillment DME question US Medical Device Regulations 0
K What are the differences between the certificates required for home and medical medical equipment? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
N FDA medical devices US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
J Medical Device Manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
BusyBee GIVD codes for In-vitro medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
J0anne How to find Certifying Bodies for US based & sold Medical Devices? US Medical Device Regulations 11
T Monolithic medical application ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Newbie22 UPDATE UKCA; UK 12 month extension (Future regulation of medical devices - extension of standstil period) UK Medical Device Regulations 4
M An introductory guide to medical device Clinical Evaluation & Clinical Evaluation Reports (CER) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
O Regarding design and development requirements for a medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 6
U Leakage test Standard for Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
E Tablet integrated into medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
Ed Panek Is this a medical device? US Medical Device Regulations 2
S Local (country) registration of medical devices - Who does it in best case? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
P Medical device testing lab/service standard Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
G Labeling requirements for REFURBISHED medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 0
L Selling medical devices from USA in EU markets CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
K Medical Device file and "Component" Manufacturers? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 6
rob3027 ISO 13485 justification for design and development exclusion for medical packaging ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
A Class 2b medical device - best pathway to obtain CE mark? (2022, MDR 2017/745) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
H Active Implantable Medical Devices - ISO 14708 and EN 45502 Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
C Statistics/sampling plan for medical device Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
A Non-medical device testing in the medical system IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
J Regulatory path to enter EU market for non medical 60601 component Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
S Training in D&D for engineers with no medical device experience Design and Development of Products and Processes 8
M Software as Medical Device import activities for Chile and Mexico Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Medical Device Indications for Use Health Canada Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
dgrainger Informational Draft for comment - "reclassification of products without an intended medical purpose" EU Medical Device Regulations 6
J Average number of Nonconformances during internal quality audit for Medical Device Manufacturers Internal Auditing 3
D Exclusion 4.2.3 Medical Device File ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Lifetime of medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 16
M UDI IVD Medical Device Class III US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
E How to risk assess tooling? For a medical device and is it needed??? Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
P Definition of "Standalone" medical device Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
B Spare parts of medical device need CE mark? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R EU MDR Article 22 applicability of medical device with components. EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Medical Device AE Reporting SOP Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Class Exempt Medical Device Recall Question US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
P Requirements for Exporting Medical Devices to Libya Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
B Technical Documentation for a medical device accessory Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
T Peru Veterinary Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Assembling technical file for a medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
I Request for information regarding remote medical monitoring software (its technical documentation and the IUD system) IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
H Medical Devices Regulatory Intelligence for International Markets ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
K Class I Medical Device Registration EU Medical Device Regulations 11
V Retrospective validation medical devices Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7