Malcolm Baldrige Company Dashboard

I had an idea pop up today to build a web-based application that can link up with our ERP system and utilize live data along with some manually entered data to provide a dashboard for our current company status based on the Baldrige criteria.

Does something like this currently exist (even if it's just an Excel spreadsheet)?

If your company is a Baldrige company, do you do anything like this?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
I had an idea pop up today to build a web-based application that can link up with our ERP system and utilize live data along with some manually entered data to provide a dashboard for our current company status based on the Baldrige criteria.

Does something like this currently exist (even if it's just an Excel spreadsheet)?

If your company is a Baldrige company, do you do anything like this?
Good day swierchris, I am sorry for the delay in this response.

It has been several years since I was on the Maine team for the Margaret Chase-Smith Quality Award, and about 18 months since I left 3rd party auditing. What I saw is that precious few of my clients had systems set up to produce a really robust "balanced scorecard," and none with ERP systems in which all of the core value-based processes would interact with each other and present in a coherent message for management. Usually the organizations would rely on an array of spreadsheets and databases. I've seen the top ranked databases try to integrate all the processes, but they tend to have their relative areas of focus; finance for SAP, for example. Sometimes they try to make their metrics more complicated than is needed.

It would be wonderful to see a system that can handle all these disciplines like they really belong together. It would be more wonderful yet to see managers across the board understand it and embrace it. If they would do that, I would cheerfully make any manner of crayon drawings to communicate that which needs to be said.
:2cents:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wes Bucey Hospital Turns Down Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award World News 0
J ISO 9001 vs. AS 9100 vs. Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G Malcolm Baldrige Award Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
M Information of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
R Malcolm Baldrige award for "Not For Profits" World News 0
B EFQM Business Excellence Model vs. The Malcolm Baldrige Award Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
M Differences between ISO 9004:2000, Baldrige National Quality Progr ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
F Definition Malcom Baldrige NQA Vs European's EFQM Model Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
O How Many Companies Pursue the Baldrige Award? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 8
S Correspondence Baldrige criteria and 9001 processes Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
M Qualifications - Board of Examiners Baldrige Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
Marc BALDRIGE, SIX SIGMA, & ISO: Understanding Your Options Six Sigma 0
D European Model for Quality Excellence vs. ISO Guide 62 vs. MBNQA (Baldrige) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
J Malcome Baldrige and the EOQ Award Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
E The next step? VDA 6.1 to EFQM - Same basic principle as the Baldrige VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 10
R EFQM Business Excellence Model vs. ISO 9001 vs. Baldrige Award Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
O Baldrige Award Procedure - What are the primarily parameters they use to evaluate? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
L Baldrige Criteria for its internal Business Excellence Model - The Baldrige Dance Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
Marc Baldrige and ERP and Project management Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
Marc Baldrige Winners - 1999 Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
B Baldrige replacing ISO 9001? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 11
Ed Panek Which choice of the following most closely matches the MDR compliance of your company? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J How many majors is one company allowed ? IATF16949 Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
A Outsourcing registration to a local company China Medical Device Regulations 0
D Technical Standard aggregator company suggestions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
R Transferring a calibrated counting scale to a sister company Calibration Frequency (Interval) 2
A Quality's Authority - Company Moving In ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
J Validity of CE mark on distributed product when company ceases trading EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M Must a company be 17025 accredited to perform internal calibrations? ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
S Business Number versus Company ID? Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
M Transferring ISO 17025 from one company to another ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
P Audit check for IT company (ISO 9001) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
F IVD registration in EU - Northern Ireland based company EU Medical Device Regulations 0
W Where does a coatings and paint company fall in IATF? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
A AS9100D - Clause 8.1 Operation - Coating service company AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
O Informational Ford Motor Company Customer Specific Requirements for IATF 16949:2016 - 08 Jan 2021 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
L Have been purchased by a corporate company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Advice needed: Shall I report my not complying company to NB / competent Authority (Europe) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
lanley liao What shoud i do if our company top management has been changed. Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 8
T IATF Rules for sharing production space with another company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
J Leveraging another company's ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R MDEL and company affiliate Canada Medical Device Regulations 5
E Our company is planning to file MDD not MDR next month. Do we require to show chemical characterization report ? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S Is QMS like a set of rules and regulations that a company follows? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
E Contract manufacturer FDA requirements foreign company US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
J How much to charge for helping a startup company with initial ISO 13485 certification? Consultants and Consulting 3
J Sister-company providing parts is only ISO 9001 registered IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
D IATF 16949 Requirement for CMMI in a Global Company Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 0
T Help to Suggest name for a new certification and inspection company Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7