Management of Change Procedure

G

Gulara

HI All,

I'm an internal auditor incompany, but lead quality supervisor left us without any handover, so I am in touble now.
After external audit organized by our new clients it has been found out that we don't have "Management Change Procedure".
Could you please be so kind to help me with it?....

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Management Change Procedure

Do you mean 'Change Management procedure' i.e. a procedure to manage changes in Product, Manufacturing process, Supplier, etc.?

Z

Zetta

Gulara, can you please give some more information? Was the IT department under audit?
Please correct me if I am wrong but I strongly believe that in this case it doesn't have to do with a procedure as described above to manage changes in product, manufacturing process, supplier etc. I believe that this has to do with the IT service management.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator

HI All,

I'm an internal auditor incompany, but lead quality supervisor left us without any handover, so I am in touble now.
After external audit organized by our new clients it has been found out that we don't have "Management Change Procedure".
Gulara,

For coping with the sudden loss of knowledge, skills and/or talent (competence) your management system should include a responsibility for employees in key positions to train their successors. Your training procedure may specify this.

Many organizations are careful not to rely on single points of control. Your system planning and product realization planning processes may cover this.

Knowing the key positions and not relying on single points of control are examples of evidence of risk management.

Your organization is changing all the time so be sure you have determined the root causes of failing to manage change before assuming that you need to channel all future change management through a single procedure.

For example, you can make your internal audit programme robust enough to continue despite the loss of its supervisor.

John

Last edited:
M

Ms Michelle

Gulara,

The procedure should include that all changes in the organization are approved, communicated and traceable.

Michelle

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

HI All,

I feel your pain" One of the major factors in consultants like me getting assignments is because a key person is gone from the organization (death, retirement, quitting, firing - makes no difference) without leaving an orderly plan for someone else to perform his duties. Depending on the level of the missing individual, it can be a simple task or a weeks-long assignment.

Do you mean 'Change Management procedure' i.e. a procedure to manage changes in Product, Manufacturing process, Supplier, etc.?
There is a possibility all your organization needs is a simple fix consisting of a written statement that the organization will follow a systematic plan for changes (product, processes, forms, etc.) and keep a record that the plan is followed. Here's a link to a post on the topic and a sample form to use in making the record of following the plan for change. Note the sample form is primarily designed for engineering changes to a product. With a little thought, it can be modified to accommodate ANY change (product, processes, forms, etc.)

Yes, I mean this
Gulara,

The procedure should include that all changes in the organization are approved, communicated and traceable.

Michelle
Yep! This is the "systematic plan" and record.

K

kgott

This change management stuff can become a nightmare and can be difficult to do well. According to the change management units I studied it started out as a a high level thing. About introducing change into an organisation ie, market segment, new product, transition from hierarchical structure to a matrix structure, plant closure, new technology etc.

These days its come down to engineering changes scope changes and impact on safety when there is a changes in the way a job is done. My experience has taught me that its impossible to try and account for all sorts of changes that can and do happen in organizations.

About the best that can be done is to talk abut the change identification, assessment and approval processes that need to take place when any change of a certain magnitude takes place.

Don't fret too much over your change management procedure because there is no end of 'what bout about xyz..." issues an auditor can raise if they want to. Change management is always fertile ground for an auditor.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Management of change procedure for ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
M Change management procedure when 7.3 is not applicable ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Engineering Change Management Generic Procedure Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
T Process Change in a Laboratory - Start Date for new Procedure - Management Opinions Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Management of Change - MOC Procedure and Forms - Engineering, Project, Safety Systems Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M GM Quality System Basic - Banking & Bypass Procedure in Change Management Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
G Software change management Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
N API Q1, Management of Change & Document Change Request Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
C Change Management Process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
NDesouza Management of Change (MOC) Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
S Change management with FAA Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
A Purchasing Controls on Change Management of Literature/Labeling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Reports under change management | ISO 13485:2016 & ISO 9001:2015 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M EMS change management ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
M How to implement the 4M Change Management System Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
J Change management with CFDA approved devices China Medical Device Regulations 1
R Linking the Processes of Continual Improvement, Change Management, Risk Management, Action Planning, etc? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 5
R 8.1.3 Management of change - Evidence of HIRA and related things Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 3
T Change control and configuration management - When to create a new model/part number? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
R ISO 20000 requirement about the Change Management Policy IT (Information Technology) Service Management 3
J South Korea, MFDS - Medical Device Change Management Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
Q Top Management Change Prior to Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Y Change Management in a very complex Research Organization Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
M ISO 13485:2016 Cl. 5.1 - Management commitment verbiage change ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Change Management & New Hires ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Are we an outlier for so many variations of Change Management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Who can Change goals and kpi of top management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Software Application for Management of Change (API 5.11) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
somashekar 5.4.2 b) Integrity of QMS in Change Management ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
T Engineering Change Management Systems Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K How do I change management culture in regards to product? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
N Change Management, Configuration Management or Other Process? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
N New to Management: Culture Change Advice Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
C Change Management Toolkit Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
eldercare Does anyone have a Change Management database? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
L The Perfect Engineering Change and Concessions Management System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
T TS 16949 compliant Change Control Management Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
T When is a Change Management Process required? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
J Backsliding QMS - My office has gone through major management change ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
R Change in Direction - Management decides to Outsource Manufacturing Operations ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S Management Notice of Change - Sample Wanted AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
A Change Control Review Management Success or Effectiveness Metric Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
M ITIL vs. ISO 20000 Change Management Requirements IT (Information Technology) Service Management 3
D ECO (Engineering Change Order) Risk Management Criteria and QA Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
C Management Of Change System or Software - Recommendations and Ideas wanted After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
D Specifications - All the same type of document? Change Management part of our QMS Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
S Change Management - From basic level to implement it succesfully ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6