Management of Change Process (OHSAS) - What would an Auditor expect to see?

G

Graruss

Could someone please provide some insight. The Auditor wants to see how the management of change process is controlled. What would an Auditor expect to see, is it a procedure detailing the areas considered or is it a risk assessment format? I have not found 18002 to be particularly clear on this point but it may just be me!

Randy

Super Moderator
The effective planning and control of risk whenever change occurs or is expected to occur...equipment, process, procedure, material

D

db

Could someone please provide some insight. The Auditor wants to see how the management of change process is controlled. What would an Auditor expect to see, is it a procedure detailing the areas considered or is it a risk assessment format? I have not found 18002 to be particularly clear on this point but it may just be me!
First of all, welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

Along with what Randy indicated, the standard does give a pretty good idea of what they want. When a change occurs, there could be an impact on risks. They may become greater, or lesser. So, before the change is made, they expect you to analyze how the proposed change effects risks.

Evidence of this analysis may be in meeting minutes, management review records, maybe even a formal risk analysis of the proposed change. I don't think any one thing would be standard. You could have seven proposed changes within a given time period, and have seven different forms of evidence. It would all depend on the size/scope of the change and risks involved in the activity.

Y

Yew Jin

Audit is the activity to get the evidence whether it is meet the criteria which is defined during the audit planning.

"Do what we document, document what we do."

If we do not sure what is the program need to be planned or in progress, always check back on our policy that what we had been stated. What objective should we meet and what program should be done to support.

S

samsung

Here is a good explanation, in addition to what has been explained above of what you wish to know about.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Graruss

Thank you for your replies and advice regarding my question. Your responses have provided a greater insight however the Auditor asked to see a Management of change document while accepting we had no change in process, materials or personnel?

Randy

Super Moderator
Thank you for your replies and advice regarding my question. Your responses have provided a greater insight however the Auditor asked to see a Management of change document while accepting we had no change in process, materials or personnel?

That's OK except for one really small, minor detail..........Where is the shall?

4.3.1...For the management of change, the organization shall identify the OH&S hazards and OH&S risks associated with changes in the organization, the OH&S management system, or its activities, prior to the introduction of such changes.

I can't find a "shall document" anywhere in the above....Am I missing something your auditor isn't?

Top Bottom