Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Management Representative - Example procedure needed

S

shinyell

Dear Friends,

Please help me. I need a procedure for Management Representative, it will serve me as a Reference for doing my job. We had an Internal Audit yesterday and my auditor asked me for a procedure of Management Representative. I am new in this field so I dont really know what is the first thing to do.

Please, I need your advice. Maybe one of you will help me do this kind of procedure.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Mhuriel Ann

vitortavares

Involved In Discussions
Re: management representative procedure

Hello,

Probably what you need is a function description and not a procedure.
With a function description you put the activities, responsibilities and minimum experience to be a management representative.
I had never seen a procedure documented for this situation.

Kind Regards,

S

shinyell

Re: management representative procedure

well, any help would really do.
a function description is also highly appreciated.

the problem is that, I am really new in this field, I have no idea where should I start. I only jumping on the brigde in the moment, meaning I am doing everything without proper arrangements. :(

Re: Management Representative procedure

There is no requirement to have a procedure for a Management Representative.

The requirements for Management Representative are that they have to be part of the company's management and as indicated in 5.5.2 of ISO 9001:2008:

a) ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented and maintained,
b) reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for
improvement, and
c) ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
NOTE The responsibility of a management representative can include liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality management system.

bio_subbu

Super Moderator

Dear Friends,

Please help me. I need a procedure for Management Representative, it will serve me as a Reference for doing my job. We had an Internal Audit yesterday and my auditor asked me for a procedure of Management Representative. I am new in this field so I dont really know what is the first thing to do.

Please, I need your advice. Maybe one of you will help me do this kind of procedure.

Thank you so much.

Regards,
Mhuriel Ann

Hi Mhuriel Ann

Can you please explain us what you are really looking for?. I think you are looking for Management review procedure. Is it correct?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

You've seen what the ISO 9001 std requires of the management rep, you need to also capture what your management expects of you beyond what the standard asks for. As someone said, figure out what is expected of you, then you can create procedures or work instructions as needed.

As you say that you are very new, you might ask your management to send you to some training. That would probably help you more than anything. There is no procedure required for being a management representative, and if you had more training, you probably could have answered your auditor in a better way. Which also makes me wonder....do your auditors have enough training? Did your auditor ask about a management representative procedure because 1) s/he was trying to see what you would say, 2) s/he really believes one is required, 3) really meant management review but doesn't quite understand the difference between managment rep and management review?

S

shinyell

I know it is not required in ISO Standard. My auditor just want to know if I have a procedure of my job being as a management representative. I explain it to him, that nobody is telling me exactly what to do. I only collect all the procedures, formatted them, revised an now I am waiting for the approval to release. But during the auditing, my auditor was asking me if I am aware of what I am doing. I told him yes, but I only the basics with the help of some a general manager in our company.

So he sugested maybe it would be better for me to have a procedure or a funtion description of my job.

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator

I
So he sugested maybe it would be better for me to have a procedure or a funtion description of my job.
I think that your answer is right there....I think that we will all agree that there is no way you can have one procedure that describes how a management rep will do his job. So, a function description of your job, supplemented by work instructions as needed would fit your situation nicely. As needed means, in my mind, wherever you need to refer to a set of directions to complete your task.

T

triad

please don't misunderstand me but you need to attend the necessary trainings required in each management system program. trust me on this.

Randy

Super Moderator

I'd tell the auditor to show me the "SHALL" requiring a procedure to begin with and that until the time that he can produce the "SHALL" he can choke on it.

Top Bottom