Management Representative Requirements - ISO 9001 - 5.5.2 Clarification

Jaxter

Involved In Discussions
I'm trying to clarify the requirement for the Management Rep. One interperetation states that "MR to be internal to the organization".

Does this mean that the MR needs to be an employee? That the MR receives a W-2 from the company?

What if you're an individual who works as a full time, self employed consultant / contractor and receives a 1099? Is immersed in every aspect of being part of the management team as the MR, as well as many other responsibilities within the company.

Would this be in compliance with the revised standard? This has always been a concern as it related to the standard. Now that it is highlighted as part of the revision, this is a question that needs additional clarification under these specifric conditions.

Thanks!

:confused:

AndyN

Moved On
I'm trying to clarify the requirement for the Management Rep. One interperetation states that "MR to be internal to the organization".

Does this mean that the MR needs to be an employee? That the MR receives a W-2 from the company?

What if you're an individual who works as a full time, self employed consultant / contractor and receives a 1099? Is immersed in every aspect of being part of the management team as the MR, as well as many other responsibilities within the company.

Would this be in compliance with the revised standard? This has always been a concern as it related to the standard. Now that it is highlighted as part of the revision, this is a question that needs additional clarification under these specifric conditions.

Thanks!

:confused:

It seems to me that it's more a case of the role and interaction as a member of the management team, what you do and achieve than your status as an employee or contractor.

Firstly, I've been in a similar situation and the CEO clearly indicated that I was a member of the management team and I was given every facility commensurate with that: office, phone, email etc. The fact that I was a 1099 didn't enter into the discussion. Furthermore, I've worked in a number of places where you couldn't tell the contractors from the employees in terms of their day to day responsibilities, culture, diligence at work etc.

Jaxter

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the input. I too have all the "dressings" of a full time QCM. Business Cards, Office, Phone Extension, responsibilities and authority.

Your response has verified what I interperted my position to be within the standard. I just wanted another opinion to back mine up.

THANKS!

Top Bottom