Management Responsibility - Is Top Management Committed poll

Is Top Management committed.

• Top Management fulfills the requirements 100%

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Top management takes a active part but doesn't lead.

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Top Management does as little as possible.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Top Management is totally clueless.

Votes: 11 21.2%

• Total voters
S

silentrunning

I have read a lot of posts on here that would indicate that not every companies top management is totally committed to their QMS. Since we are ISO 9001:2008 I will use Section 5, Management Responsibility as the standard to measure top management by. Please rate your company.

K

Ka Pilo

Re: Management Responsibility - a poll.

Top management is confused.

C

CHESHIRE STEVE

Re: Management Responsibility - a poll.

Top Management does as little as possible, but are under the impression that this counts as taking an active part.

B

Bogie

Top Mangement does as little as possible. Part of that is because the QA Manager is convinced that it is his job to shield everyone (except him and me) from ISO as much as possible.

S

sfkevin

Management is all behind the system but no one manager taking control to make sure things are moving forward.:bonk:

S

silentrunning

Top Mangement does as little as possible. Part of that is because the QA Manager is convinced that it is his job to shield everyone (except him and me) from ISO as much as possible.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " shield everyone from ISO".

Doug

B

Bogie

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by " shield everyone from ISO".

Doug

No one has access to the Quality Manual or Tier II Docs, heck most aren't aware that they exist (they aren't current anyway - I'm working on fixing that). The CB doesn't talk to anyone but the QA Manager (they picked the company because of their rep as being "easy"). No one does internal auditing but the QA Manager. No one knows if changes they make to the way they do things has any potential impact either requirement wise or on procedures.

No one knows what the goals are (OTD, COQ etc) - even me. And only a few are even aware that there is a Quality Policy.

I just started here not too long ago and it is driving me nuts that no one has anything to do with ISO or the Quality Culture but the QA Manager and me.

I came from a company where people were exposed to (and had access to) the Tier II docs and QM within their first 90 days, were expected to know what the Quality Policy was, and knew what the goals were for different metrics (and how they affected same).

S

silentrunning

Bogie, that is one of the most depressing things I have read in a long time. I shield our people from ISO but in a different manner. I don't want them to think ISO, I want them to think quality procedures and processes. I want it to be our culture not our jailer. Each person here has full access to all documents by means of laptops located around the shop. This includes all documents, manuals, prints and customer purchase orders. You have my sympathies my friend.

Doug

M

Mauri

Although we are not ISO certified coming from the feed industry, we have other certifications we use. EU 1774/2002 compliant, Organic Standards, HACCP (ISO 22000) and just recently Type 1 Feed manufacturer (Beta Agonist free Directive 86/469/EEC).
Although Top Management doesn't take an active role Our quality team usually get all the support we need to keep current with all our various programs. Management is content to let the Quality Manager keep things running smoothly and helps out when needed.

Mauri

Top Bottom