Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report

skb76

Involved In Discussions
All,

my last (audit) external auditor ; review with me this issue
~ Management Review could be further improved in terms of following review inputs: -
o monitoring and measurement results;
o the effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities (see 6.1).

So, basically what I need report to this column at the Management Review Minutes/Report

p/s advise

thanks in advance!
(for some have reviewed my previous post ; I repeated we're very small firm) :)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Predmore

Trusted Information Resource
There are 2 items listed. Did you talk about the 2 inputs in the management review? If not, you should talk about them. These are listed in ISO9001 as items 9.3.2 c5 and e. If you did talk about them, does the record of your management review document that these were covered?

Tagin

I think what you need to do is to state in your review notes:
  • The data that you reviewed, so...
    • Mon & meas might be your KPIs
    • Effectiveness might be your CAPAs, risk register, etc.
  • Notes on the data (working as intended? working poorly?) + actions mgmt decides take if either of those are not working or need improvement.

skb76

Involved In Discussions
All,

thanks for the input, (if based on previous post below; which is best BASIC EXAMPLE can i look for ...)

ISO 9001:2015 - Management Review 9.3.2 c) 5) - Monitoring and Measurement Results
ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2c)3) - What process or processes is this focused on?

~at my MR minutes (Process performance and work conformity column - Reported the KPI result; basically more on result only..)
So,
o monitoring and measurement results - (column) , what else should reported here based on the comments above ..

o the effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities (see 6.1).
(for this, maybe in layman term, can someone write in simple idea what should written/reported at this column)

thanks again! ..

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
"We seriously underestimated the risk of the current pandemic so we have now included the world economic forum's website in the scope of our research and monitoring of risks to our business - the Marketing Manager has accepted responsibility for this".

If this statement appeared in the records of management review, naturally we would expect to see evidence of the organization's updated risk assessment procedure.

John Predmore

The approach I use in the Management Review is I insert blank slides into the Powerpoint presentation, and action items or decisions are recorded in real-time as we go. The presentation is converted into a read-only PDF the day after the meeting, after a quick review and any corrections, and that becomes the meeting minutes and record of the meeting. As the QMS Management Representative, I start every Management Review with the same 3 slides, the verbatim bullet points from ISO9001 9.3.2 (inputs) "this is our agenda. This is my responsibility today", 9.3.3 (outputs) "these decisions are your duty today", and 9.3.1 (definitions of the words 'suitability, adequacy, effectiveness, and alignment with the strategic direction of the organization') "this is how the success of our meeting will be judged". That sets the expectation for active participation of the leadership team.

Tagin

(for this, maybe in layman term, can someone write in simple idea what should written/reported at this column)
How is 6.1 implemented/addressed in your QMS?

AMIT BALLAL

@skb76, attached herewith the Management review agenda I use.
In addition to this agenda, we have a quick questionnaire including simple questions under each agenda point such as "Was there any new development in this period?", if the answer is "Yes", we further review it in detail. And for the detailed review, we have certain formats made to review the aspects related to each agenda topic "whether the project is feasible? Is any new resource required?, etc.".
All these excel sheets are located in one excel workbook. This way we don't miss anything.

Please note, this agenda is as per IATF16949, hence you can exclude whatever is not required by ISO9001 / not relevant to your organization.

Attachments

Last edited:

skb76

Involved In Discussions
How is 6.1 implemented/addressed in your QMS?
Tagin

6.1 - Reported/updated (risks/oppo) at R&O register (with some remarks) at same table/report.
So, from here .... ( the effectiveness of actions taken to address risks and opportunities (see 6.1))

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D EMS Management review outputs - Strategic direction of the organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B How to comply with IATF 16949:2016 9.3.2.1k - Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Template of a Management Review Agenda or Report in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M FDA News USFDA Final Report – MDUFA IV Independent Assessment of FDA’s Device Review Process Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R ISO 9001:2015 9.3 - Required inputs to the management review - Audit Nonconformance Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J 3 Questions about Management Review - ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
H ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 9.3.1 - General Director doesn't participate in Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Tagin Management Review - How elaborate should Management Review be? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 14
R University Research Project - Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 17
G ISO 9001:2015 - Management Review 9.3.2 c) 5) - Monitoring and Measurement Results ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B IATF 16949 Clause 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B IATF 16949 Cl. 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs - Process Effectiveness and Efficie IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
A How to satisfy the "Interested Party" Management Review Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S What defines Top Management after a Merger? Quality Management Review (9.3.1) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
A ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - Management Review Inputs must be Documented? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
B Global / Local Management Review - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
P Trending CAPA's in our Management Review Meetings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Risk Management during Contract Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
P How CAPA's are trended in Management Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
P Management Review - Performance and Product Conformity question General Auditing Discussions 7
Q Management Review - Alternative methods Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
N Incompleted tasks from previous management review meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
N Suggestions for Management Review Presentation Management Review Meetings and related Processes 2
S Quality Assurance Manager involvement in Management Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
B Share ideas to make Management Review more interesting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
L CB finding on Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 32
H ISO 9001-2008 Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
A Management Review not conducted according to schedule Management Review Meetings and related Processes 9