Management review meeting workflow

Teyla

Starting to get Involved
I have just finished with defining our management review meeting workflow. The logic is as following: our Management representative is preparing an agenda, that is supposed to be approved by CEO, after what the meeting is held (well,based on the prepared agenda). As a final step, CEO approves complete management review outputs - checklists, meeting minutes and other relevant files if any.

This is a workflow:
Management review workflow.jpg

I'm curios to know if this is a typical workflow? Just want to confirm if I missed something.
Thanks,

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

indubioush

Quite Involved in Discussions
Some thoughts. There is no requirement that you have an agenda approved prior to each management review meeting. Usually, the management review SOP lists the required agenda for every management review meeting and you just comply with this for each meeting. However, if a specific agenda is helpful for your organization, you can keep it. Also, there are usually action items that come out of the meeting. Managing action items should be included in the flowchart. Lastly, there needs to be a determination as to whether corrective action (usually a CAPA) is needed. It makes sense then to have this decision in your flow chart and have a pointer to the CAPA procedure.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
This chart doesn't "flow" as a flowchart should, imo. I don't know why (for example) it's divided into "Project" and "QMS" sections. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to if you're trying to make something clear. This might be a problem with the (apparent) canned software you're using, but it sure seems to me that it could be made more linear and simple.

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Trusted Information Resource
How often do you have all senior management in a room with your agenda as the topic? If you limit the discussion to just the requirements you are wasting your time. I would have the requirements PLUS other items you think you need to address.

QChas

Involved - Posts
I've attached the flowchart we use to document our process. This flowchart is part of our Management Review procedure. We meet quarterly, going over the entire QMS every 6 months. Keep it simple. I've used this same type of chart for over 25 years with 3 different companies and 3 different registrars. Hope this help!

Attachments

Teyla

Starting to get Involved
This chart doesn't "flow" as a flowchart should, imo. I don't know why (for example) it's divided into "Project" and "QMS" sections. It seems like a lot of trouble to go to if you're trying to make something clear. This might be a problem with the (apparent) canned software you're using, but it sure seems to me that it could be made more linear and simple.
I'm sorry, but not sure I understand this comment... :unsure: I thought it can be more simpler then these four steps (they are tasks) - prepare agenda, approve, have a meeting, then approve results?

Such chain of events will be caused as this workflow is started (when it comes to the actual management review), and one event trigger another. Workflow drives events.

Teyla

Starting to get Involved
Some thoughts. There is no requirement that you have an agenda approved prior to each management review meeting. Usually, the management review SOP lists the required agenda for every management review meeting and you just comply with this for each meeting. However, if a specific agenda is helpful for your organization, you can keep it. Also, there are usually action items that come out of the meeting. Managing action items should be included in the flowchart. Lastly, there needs to be a determination as to whether corrective action (usually a CAPA) is needed. It makes sense then to have this decision in your flow chart and have a pointer to the CAPA procedure.
Thanks. Removing the agenda approval, I can make the process even more simpler. :)

Regarding CAPA, we have this workflow explained in the document (well, all of them), and in the document is stated that CAPA workflow might be initiated, but the aim was to start it manually. But I just remember that a software has the option to trigger one process from another, so I'll set it like that. On that manner, I'll have the pointer to CAPA. Thanks! :)

Teyla

Starting to get Involved
How often do you have all senior management in a room with your agenda as the topic? If you limit the discussion to just the requirements you are wasting your time. I would have the requirements PLUS other items you think you need to address.
In the procedure is stated "at least once a year".

Teyla

Starting to get Involved
I've attached the flowchart we use to document our process. This flowchart is part of our Management Review procedure. We meet quarterly, going over the entire QMS every 6 months. Keep it simple. I've used this same type of chart for over 25 years with 3 different companies and 3 different registrars. Hope this help!
This looks great!

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
I'm sorry, but not sure I understand this comment... :unsure: I thought it can be more simpler then these four steps (they are tasks) - prepare agenda, approve, have a meeting, then approve results?

Such chain of events will be caused as this workflow is started (when it comes to the actual management review), and one event trigger another. Workflow drives events.
Please look at the flowchart posted by @QChas. While that one might be too simple (I don't think so), it does the job with a minimum of complication. Describe in a linear fashion how inputs and outputs happen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
N Incompleted tasks from previous management review meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
L CB finding on Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 32
D Management Review Meeting Agenda and Minutes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Integrated 9001, 14001, 18001 Management Review Meeting and Minutes Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S Executive Management Review Meeting ? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 1
A Management Review Meeting (MRM) Input & Output Interpretation Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
G Management Review Non-Conformance - Meeting Measurable Goals and Objectives ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
B CAR (Corrective Action Request) from Management Review Meeting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
K Is there a requirement for Management Review Meeting under BRC? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Example of Management Review Meeting Minutes - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 9
G Minutes (Records) from a Management Review Meeting Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 4
M How to satisfy the Management Review requirement without a meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 29
I Looking for Ideas/Tips for Management Review Meeting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
O Should Staff be allowed to see Management Review Meeting Minutes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
P What are the points to be discussed in a Management Review Meeting (MRM) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S TS 16949 Clause 5.6 - Management Review Requirements - Without a meeting? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
T Quality Metrics Report for the Management Review Meeting Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16
L Quality PPM (parts per million) Tracking - Stats for our Management Review Meeting Benchmarking 8
J Does Management Review need to be a Formal Meeting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
V What are all the documents and records to be add for the management review meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
V Management Review Meeting - Statistics for Customer Complaints and Non Conformances ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Layout Of Management Review Meeting Form Management Review Meetings and related Processes 23
G Is there a requirement for Management Review Meeting Minutes? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 39
tony wardle Management Review Meeting Suggestions Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
A Record of Inputs to Management Review Meeting (MRM) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
J Sample of QMS Management Review Meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 7
R Altering the Actual Date of the Management Review Meeting Minutes Management Review Meetings and related Processes 69
M Management Review - Minutes of Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 9
C Management Review Meeting Process Management Review Meetings and related Processes 5
T Measuring Effectiveness of Internal Audits - Reporting in Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 13
Raffy Can our daily operations meeting be considered as Management Review? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 31
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D EMS Management review outputs - Strategic direction of the organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1