Management Review - Performance and Product Conformity question

P

perkins201

Hi all, wonder if anyone can assist with one particular section of the ISO 9001 management review which is proving problematic.

The procedure is titled "A review of our performance and product conformity reflecting any changes in our operational environment that could affect the company or the Quality Management System".

In laymens terms, can anyone please tell me exactly what type of information is required and how detailed does it need to be? I've trawled through Google and not really come up with anything of use so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Management Review - Performance question

That's not a typical way to word things, but it seems to cover the MR inputs in 5.6.2 'c' and 'f' in one sentence.

normally one would separate them into:
c) a review of process performance and product conformity which could be things like on-time shipments and set-up time reduction for process performance and Complaints/returns, NCR's, recalls, etc. for product conformity.

f) a review of any changes that can affect the QMS like major management changes, change in location, new capabilities, etc.

Sounds like your SOP wants to correlate 'c' to 'f'. Not knowing what you do I don't think we can tell you how to do that.

roneljdsilva

Involved In Discussions

Hi Perkins,

I too am fairly new here but now since I'm here, welcome to the Cove! You are bound to find answers to all you queries. Hang in there.

Firstly, Scott said it, you are only trying to comply with 2 inputs from ISO for your management review? I think that is a tad too specific to be a procedure title. Can't you title it as a general "Management Review"? I Quote ISO Cl.5.6.2 Review Input :
The input to management review shall include information on:
a) results of audits,
b) customer feedback,
c) process performance and product conformity,
d) status of preventive and corrective actions,
e) follow-up actions from previous management reviews,
f) changes that could affect the quality management system, and
g) recommendations for improvement.

What you are specifying in your procedure title is process performance and product conformity, which is just one of the many inputs you take into account in your review meetings. I's suggest you to analyse any non conformance found over the period of time (that had to be documented) How many? How often? Reason for occurrence? This should be discussed in your management review meeting and documented as management review output.

Secondly, regarding clause 5.6.2 f), i would kind of link this to the MOC process(I've got my head drilled into API Q1 at the moment) where any change that can possibly make and impact on the organisational structure or QMS must be analysed for risks and this analysis can again be an input in your management review meeting.

Correct me if I am wrong fellow covers but I think management review meetings are basically collective analysis of respective departmental analysis's. Well then there is the review of the policy, etc.

I hope this helps :)

B

Boone77

Not to steal the thread but I have a question regarding AS9100 5.6 Management Review as well. We are an AS9100 certified company and conduct a monthly steering committee meeting with the following agenda;
1) Export
2) Supplier Performance - Outside Processors (OSP's)
3) Customer Feedback - Surveys/Scorecards
4) Corrective Actions/Supplier CAR's
5) Material Return Authorizations (MRA's)
6) On-Time Delivery
7) Request for Dispositions (RFD's)
8) Internal Preventative Actions (IPAR's)/Suggestion Box
9) Training
We then conduct a quarterly Management Review per the 5.6.2 & 5.6.3 requirements but don't always get the meeting done in a timely manner, so
Could we combine the two meetings into one for the monthly steering meeting by adding the management review requirements and then change the name to monthly Management Review to satisfy the requirement?
What do you suggest is the best course of action?
Thanks,
Boone

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource

Could we combine the two meetings into one for the monthly steering meeting by adding the management review requirements and then change the name to monthly Management Review to satisfy the requirement?
The requirement is to review at planed intervals.

What does your plan say?
If it doesn't say you plan to review it all in two or more meetings (what you would like to do), change the plan.

What do you suggest is the best course of action?
-Review clause 0.1
-Review clause 5.6
-Review your Quality Manual
-Review any procedure or work instruction regarding Management Review
-Review previous Management Review records
-Revise any of the docs (manual, forms, procedures) to say you will do the meeting in multiple sessions
-Conduct the process (Management Review)
-Audit the process

Plan-Do-Check-Act

patilrahuld

Starting to get Involved
Does anyone has a sample management review work instruction? I am planning to trend CAPA's in our management review. Can someone help?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Definition Process Performance interpretation - Management Review Input 5.6.2 (c) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 11
K KPI (Key Performance Indicators) Metrics for Management review Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
S Management Review - Process Performance (5.6.2 c) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
M Management Review Inputs (Process Performance) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 16
J Process Performance & Product Conformity in Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
J Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Management Review process Management Review Meetings and related Processes 37
A Management Review Meetings - Process Performance and Product Conformity Management Review Meetings and related Processes 13
M Management Review - Process Performance & Product Conformity vs. Quality Performance Management Review Meetings and related Processes 5
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
D EMS Management review outputs - Strategic direction of the organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B How to comply with IATF 16949:2016 9.3.2.1k - Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Template of a Management Review Agenda or Report in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M FDA News USFDA Final Report – MDUFA IV Independent Assessment of FDA’s Device Review Process Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R ISO 9001:2015 9.3 - Required inputs to the management review - Audit Nonconformance Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J 3 Questions about Management Review - ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
H ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 9.3.1 - General Director doesn't participate in Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Tagin Management Review - How elaborate should Management Review be? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 14
R University Research Project - Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 17
G ISO 9001:2015 - Management Review 9.3.2 c) 5) - Monitoring and Measurement Results ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B IATF 16949 Clause 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B IATF 16949 Cl. 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs - Process Effectiveness and Efficie IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
A How to satisfy the "Interested Party" Management Review Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S What defines Top Management after a Merger? Quality Management Review (9.3.1) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
A ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - Management Review Inputs must be Documented? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
B Global / Local Management Review - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
P Trending CAPA's in our Management Review Meetings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Risk Management during Contract Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
P How CAPA's are trended in Management Review Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1