Management review

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ashland78

Involved In Discussions
Quarterly or monthly staff management meetings.
Local leadership council monthly meetings. KPI monthly meetings.
Business Plan Meetings to name a few...

hopech

Involved In Discussions
Hello all,
thanks for replying
I have management review inputs but I need an example to well understand each input and how to build an exhaustive management review
so if you have an example i'll be so grateful

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hello all,
thanks for replying
I have management review inputs but I need an example to well understand each input and how to build an exhaustive management review
That's not the way it works. You don't "build an exhaustive management review". Management Review is a living & sustaining process.

Example: Internal Audit Results >> You could summarize you audits done for the qtr, the non-conformances plus root causes, and the health of the QMS and the audit program. Then make a nice PPT and present it to one of your management review meetings. It could be 1 time per qtr you present.

Maintenance - summarize green to green time, TPT, issues, PAS, Up time and maybe present to one of your meetings every week

Business Continuity - It is an annual review - present changes, updates, drills completed, issues, etc.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Hello all,
thanks for replying
If you have the inputs, you have what you need to build out a management review. It may be 'exhaustive,' however it likely will add little value to your organization. For management review to effectively add value and positively impact your organization, it needs to be routine and structured so that it works for your organization's culture. Maybe it's layered, maybe it occurs via dashboards that leaders respond to instead of formal meetings...the options are many for making the management review process work for your organization.

We also don't know your organization...your culture...your language...what your priorities are. YOU do. :)

So, how about we turn this around a bit...

If you know what the inputs are, why don't you show us how you think an 'exhaustive' management review should be structured so that it's meaningful for your organization. That will hopefully offer us something to which we can offer feedback.

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Top managers could try answering three questions for the benefit of their employees:

A. What is our management system helping us to do well?
B. Where is our management system not helping us?
C. What are we to do about B. above?

The objective being:

To ensure our management system helps us all to fulfill our objectives.

A post Management Review Report to the employees isn’t a bad idea either.

hopech

Involved In Discussions
hello All,
thanks for your reactivity

In fact these are management review inputs according to IATF 16949:2016
a) audits results;
b) feedback from relevant interested parties (including analysis of customer's supplier metric dashboards);
c) operation of processes and conformity of products and services;
d) non-quality costs
e) manufacturing feasibility studies
f) maintenance performance
g) status of preventive and corrective actions;
h) actions resulting from previous management reviews;
i) the performance of external service providers
j) adequacy of resources
k) the effectiveness of the actions implemented face to of risks and opportunities
l) changes in internal and external issues relevant to the quality management system;
m) Allocation of changes in the QMS
n) proven customer incidents and their impact on safety or the environment.
o) A summary of the results of the measurements at the specified stages during the design and
product and process development, as appropriate
p) recommendations for improvement.

to be more specific, im operating in automobile industry without doing product design
I need clarifications about these inputs especially e) f) k) n) and o)
thank you so much

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
I'll take on f) maintenance performance since I worked in maintenance and did a lot of maintenance metrics.

First - do you have maintenance metrics - such as mean time between failures, mean time to repair, reliability (uptime vs downtime not counting planned downtime) for your safety related equipment, critical production equipment, and all other equipment covered by your maintenance system?

How much rework is involved - that is we fix it one week and it breaks down again the next week? What are the delays in work -such as is the equipment down waiting for parts?

How is your modification performance - if mods are needed are they done on budget on time?

For that matter, what is the costs of doing maintenance - is it on budget? Are there any budget busters?

What are any delays in doing maintenance? One facility I was at, once operations released the work package, we'd track any delays such as scheduling delays, parts delays, plant condition delays, personnel delays (all the piper fitters are tied up today in training), poorly written maintenance work package, delays in getting the work package approved? That allowed use to pre-emptively avoid delays, also allocate craft support more effectively.

Any safety issues, such as with lock and tag? How about injury rates for craft workers? Do workers have an input on how work gets done?

All this is to support that - When operations needs the equipment to run, the equipment runs effectively and safely and the maintenance costs are acceptable.

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
e) This would come from 1st, your process development team
f) AS per above from @Steve Prevette
k) This is huge - from the Actions that come out of FMEAs; also your Business Continuity Plan actions
n) Exactly as it sounds - what customer issues you have and how have you worked to fix them
o) This is the metrology of the process - except during development; how was the process/product measured during the development process

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Periodic review of Documents during management review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 26
S Scope of management review ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
J How to evaluate the effectiveness of management review? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Q Management Review ISO 9001-2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 36
F Need help in IMS management review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
M Management Review Inputs ISO9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Risk Management Review ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
G Management Review (integrated system) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 21
M Management review check-list Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S Management Review (9.3) - Management Review Minutes/Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
J ISO 13485 System 'soft start' - How to best reflect this in initial audits, management review minutes and other records? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 32
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
W ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Input Template wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
G ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Content and Frequency Management Review Meetings and related Processes 12
S ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - MR (Management Review) - Adequacy of resources ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q How to run a Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
S List of requirements for Management Review in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
D EMS Management review outputs - Strategic direction of the organization Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
B How to comply with IATF 16949:2016 9.3.2.1k - Management review IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E Template of a Management Review Agenda or Report in compliance with ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M FDA News USFDA Final Report – MDUFA IV Independent Assessment of FDA’s Device Review Process Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R ISO 9001:2015 9.3 - Required inputs to the management review - Audit Nonconformance Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
T Difference between "data analysis" and "management review" ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J 3 Questions about Management Review - ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 4
W Can 2 different sites under different Quality System have a common management review? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
I Trying to explain some of the Management Review Inputs (AS9100D) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
H ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 9.3.1 - General Director doesn't participate in Management Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Tagin Management Review - How elaborate should Management Review be? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 14
R University Research Project - Management Review Management Review Meetings and related Processes 17
G ISO 9001:2015 - Management Review 9.3.2 c) 5) - Monitoring and Measurement Results ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
B IATF 16949 Clause 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
B IATF 16949 Cl. 9.3.2.1 - Management Review Inputs - Process Effectiveness and Efficie IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
A How to satisfy the "Interested Party" Management Review Requirement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S What defines Top Management after a Merger? Quality Management Review (9.3.1) Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
armani ISO 9001:2015 Clause 9.3.2 - Management Review Inputs must be Documented? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 15
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
B Global / Local Management Review - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
P Trending CAPA's in our Management Review Meetings ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Risk Management during Contract Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14