Managing Finance Processes - Identification of Sub Processes

L

LesPiles

Hello everyone,

We are starting the implementation project of ISO 9001; 2015. Among the first exercises we did were the identification of processes (process mapping). These processes have been divided into three (3) types: management processes, realisation processes and support processes.

Support processes include managing human resources, managing finances, and so on.

Our next step is to identify activities for each process.

I am having trouble identifying the activities or sub-processes for "Managing finances". Can someone help me please?

PS: At the same time, we wonder whether we should identify the general sub-processes, or be content with the sub-processes that directly or solely influence quality.

Thank you all in advance,

LesPiles

Q

QAMTY

Re: Managing Finances Process - Identification of Sub Processes

I,d suggest to focus only in main processes, this has been a very old debate at Elsmar.
Sub processes could be like activities.
Take this approach.
If you start to mention sub processes under processes ,it may be confusing, additionaly ,ISO only manages Processes.
Hope this helps.

harry

Trusted Information Resource

. ................... I am having trouble identifying the activities or sub-processes for "Managing finances". Can someone help me please?

If you had identified it as a sub process in your organization, you should be able to describe it and what needs to manage becomes clear.

To my knowledge and in most organizations, finance is a major process by itself and is subjected to their own audits, rules, regulations and so on. What you really need to identify is how your processes inter-faced with finance. Where it affects or potentially can affect your customer or your ability to fulfill customer requirements, you need to manage it.

Kronos147

Trusted Information Resource

Food for thought: ISO 9001 says almost nothing in regards to finance.

We set "boundaries" on our management system that says our financial management system is separate from the QMS. Finance processes are not part of our QMS, so are not audited. Internal or 3rd party.

Q

QAMTY

I´m agree with Kronos147, based on that, I have seen many organizations that dont consider Finances into the ISO system, even though, it is important for any business.
Other reason for not including it, is because this area has several audits
during the year performed by external auditors (goverment, local laws, internal accounting,etc).
Hope this helps

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
I am having trouble identifying the activities or sub-processes for "Managing finances". Can someone help me please?
For the overwhelming majority of organizations, there is only a single process from that part of the business that is related to customer satisfaction (and, by default, ISO 9001): billing, a.k.a. invoicing - make the mistake of overcharging your customer and see how satisfied they are with you, as a supplier....

Top Bottom