Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Managing overseas travel risks to food handlers

I'm looking to write a process for interviewing and assessing risk to food handlers from overseas travel. I am in the UK and traditionally our process has been anyone returning from travel outside the EU must report for a Return to Work interview after their travel. I want this process to be more reflective of the actual risks, and with the UK now leaving the EU, I need to tighten the process up.

Does anyone have a list of nations that might be of higher risk to food handlers? Closest I've found is a CDC site that grades nations Red/Amber/Green

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm looking to write a process for interviewing and assessing risk to food handlers from overseas travel. I am in the UK and traditionally our process has been anyone returning from travel outside the EU must report for a Return to Work interview after their travel. I want this process to be more reflective of the actual risks, and with the UK now leaving the EU, I need to tighten the process up.

Does anyone have a list of nations that might be of higher risk to food handlers? Closest I've found is a CDC site that grades nations Red/Amber/Green
Does this reference help:

WHO estimates of the global burden of foodborne diseases

or this:

Food Safety in Low and Middle Income Countries

Please let us know.

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
Pretty timely posts....in a broader sense....makes one wonder how effectively US based or EU based or UK based firms manage their supply chains and the associated risks?

Top Bottom