Manufacturer address on the label

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
In my opinion, yes, it will be appropriate.
When you are being audited make sure to highlight to the auditing entity upfront that the sites are quite far apart; be ready to welcome audit of both sites on the same occasion (maybe different days of the same week); and willing to accept extra charges caused by such separation.
Many thanks Ronen, much appreciated for your comment. So far, for our clients' audits, we are maintaining the process as you have explained. They are okay with that process and audited both the facilities on different days keeping in mind the need of the travel between the sites. As we are relatively new and also situated outside the USA, so far haven't experienced any FDA facility inspection. But we are getting us ready for any near future facility inspection by the FDA and get complied with all the regulations. I hope the USFDA is also okay with such kind of arrangement.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
I hope the USFDA is also okay with such kind of arrangement.
I can't speak for the FDA, but as noted above, I think that if you communicate to them the facts clearly, once you are notified of the upcoming inspection, you should be fine (provided that you already comply with the applicable registration and listing requirements).

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
I can't speak for the FDA, but as noted above, I think that if you communicate to them the facts clearly, once you are notified of the upcoming inspection, you should be fine (provided that you already comply with the applicable registration and listing requirements).
Thanks again Ronen. Yes, both the facilities are registered already. Facility A is registered as "Specification Developer" and identified as the "owner operator" while the Facility B is registered as "manufacturer".

Kim B

Starting to get Involved
Hi - I have a question
We have a supplier who is a legal manufacturer of an accessory to our device and wants to remain the legal manufacture on the label, how would we list our name? Distributed by? How does this work with MDR for legal manufacturer with supplier and manufacturer? any thoughts or guidance would be helpful.
Thanks Kim

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
how would we list our name? Distributed by?
I think that would be a perfect solution, for both in EU and US. You can put your addresses distinguished by "Manufactured By" and "Distributed by".

How does this work with MDR for legal manufacturer with supplier and manufacturer?
To my understanding the above arrangement shall work in case of MDR also as you will need to provide the "manufacturer" information on the labels.

But, I would like to see if others have different opinion on this.

Kim B

Starting to get Involved
I think that would be a perfect solution, for both in EU and US. You can put your addresses distinguished by "Manufactured By" and "Distributed by".

To my understanding the above arrangement shall work in case of MDR also as you will need to provide the "manufacturer" information on the labels.

Kim B

Starting to get Involved

Second inquiry to this thread: if the supplier A is legal manufacturer of accessory and company B is final assembly of the system, can company B place their name on the main device? Will this work for MDR as well?

monoj mon

Involved In Discussions
Second inquiry to this thread: if the supplier A is legal manufacturer of accessory and company B is final assembly of the system, can company B place their name on the main device? Will this work for MDR as well?
I think in the case of MDR more important will be whose CE mark is on the label. To my understanding you can put your name on the main device (kit!), but you will be responsible to maintain the technical documentation including the accessory from Comp. A if you put Comp. B's CE which (I guess) will be then issued for the main device including the accessory.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Importer Address in addition to Manufacturer details on label EU Medical Device Regulations 13
K Implant Card - Full Manufacturer's Address - Space issues EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Can we put two Manufacturer's address in IFU (Instructions For Use)? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
S Product Shelf Life - Plastics manufacturer - Cited for no system to address AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 17
H MDD CM, MDR manufacturer. 2020. Is it ok? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
C FDA Establishment registration - Buying some medical devices from another manufacturer Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
R Impact of changing manufacturer post clinical investigation CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Updating the website of the manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A MDR Article 22 applicability - Legal manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 6
samarth IVD manufacturer and service provider ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M Contract manufacturer MDR Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
J Complaints and not the legal manufacturer? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 20
M Using your Manufacturer's ISO certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M Is Harmonised EN 1041 (Information Supplied By Manufacturer) Worth Looking At? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Are we the manufacturer or relabeler? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
D Manufacturer's agreement with their EU Authorized Representative EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Informational EU – Manufacturer incident report (MIR) for serious incident- template 2020 (Directives and new regulations) version 7.2 and related documents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
A OEM branding - My interpretation of the LVD Directive makes us a manufacturer CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Reporting a Change of Contract Manufacturer for a 510(k) cleared device Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
J FDA Establishment Registration Foreign Manufacturer RUO only 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 22
J IVD CE transfer to another manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Private Label Requirements, Manufacturer's Registration & Initial Importers 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Reducing CE marking cost using manufacturer test reports CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
O Identifying KPI for AS9100 8.1.4 - Prevention of Counterfeit Parts - PCB assembly contract manufacturer AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 16
J COC (Certificate of Conformity) when NOT purchasing medical devices direct from the Manufacturer Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
J US Manufacturer of Export Only Exempt Products applying for CFG 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
C Can a manufacturer (in South of Korea) have multiple Brazil Registration Holder (BRH) for same brend name? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
C What if the foreign manufacturer of a medical device changes the Authorized Representative in Saudi Arabia? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Medical Device Master File - We are a contract manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
I 2017/745 (MDR) - Instruction for use (IFU) - manufacturer's website EU Medical Device Regulations 11
M Medical devices as an accessory from another manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
B Roles of Manufacturer vs. Importer vs. Distributor CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
JoCam Medical Device Recalls - Manufacturer's obligation for covering cost EU Medical Device Regulations 17
D Software Validation - Contract manufacturer of Components (PCBA's) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 7
S ISO 13485 scope of certification - We are a virtual manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
V "Manufacturer Symbol on Device is missed due to space constraint" EU requirement EU Medical Device Regulations 11
R Publication of user information in manufacturer website for medical devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M End of Life or Device transfer regulations for Legal Manufacturer Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
F Vigilance Reporting - Requirements for manufacturer Field Corrective Actions (FCAs) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J Contract Sterilization - Our company is a contract manufacturer Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Contract Manufacturer/OEM Supplier - We are a specification developer for a kitted product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
S Legal Manufacturer FDA Reporting Obligations for Using New Contract Sterilization Site Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
L REACH Compliance - Small, family-owned contract manufacturer REACH and RoHS Conversations 16
R 21 CFR Part 820 Contract Manufacturer of Medical Device Component 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
J Definition of repackager v. manufacturer 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
R In this type of Legal Manufacturer-CMO arrangement, what happens to the DHR? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Ed Panek Bringing Production in house from Contract Manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3