Manufacturing Process Work Instructions - Format

Hi all,
My question is on how you guys would format your work instructions for the certain process that we have define in the QMS example quality, sales and manufacturing process thanks.

:bigwave:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hi CodyP24, and welcome to the forums. :bigwave:

Hi all,
My question is on how you guys would format your work instructions for the certain process that we have define in the QMS example quality, sales and manufacturing process thanks.

:bigwave:
There is no standard format that works for everyone. Try to present the information in a way that it is easily usable and quick for the users to find what they need. Then make sure that the basic document controls are there.

Feel free to search the attachments that have been posted here in the forums over the years. You can see a variety of different formats. https://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist.php Just enter one or more keywords and search.

Instead of a work instruction could I make process flow chart showing the inputs and outputs of the process? Seems more in the ISO 2008-2015 is based more on process then old elemental way.

Thanks

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Instead of a work instruction could I make process flow chart showing the inputs and outputs of the process? Seems more in the ISO 2008-2015 is based more on process then old elemental way.

Thanks
Absolutely. I usually do a flow chart before I write a procedure, and will include it or use it as the main content. For manufacturing instructions, photos and/or drawings can also be used to make things clearer. I've even seen companies use videos for work instructions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Manufacturing Process Work Instructions vs. Work Procedures - Differences? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Description of the requirements of clause 9.2.2.3 manufacturing process audit- needs your feedback IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Watchcat Does 820.30 include the manufacturing process? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
Watchcat Does ISO 13485 7.3 include the manufacturing process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
K Differences between Manufacturing Process Audit & Layered Process Audit Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
C IATF 16949 8.3 Exclusion - Manufacturing process design and development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G QMS requirements for legal manufacturer when outsourcing manufacturing process Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 23
J Manufacturing Process Auditor Requirements - IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
I ISO 10993 Biocompatibility Requirements - manufacturing process chemicals Other Medical Device Related Standards 8
S Improving Quality inspection gate in one piece flow manufacturing process Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
H IATF 16949 9.2.2.3 - Manufacturing process audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M Requirement for manufacturing process validation in IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
J Lean MFG (manufacturing) process and Work order templates Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
A Is a Manufacturing Process Sheet required for each Component? Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
V IATF 16949 Manufacturing Process & Product Audits IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M IATF 16949 Cl. 8.3 - Manufacturing process design and development IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
M IATF 16949 - Cl. 8.3.3 - Product design inputs, manufacturing process design inputs IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
L IATF 16949 Cl. 8.3.3.2 Manufacturing process design input - Process capability IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
S Manufacturing Work Instruction examples that include process pictures Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A IATF 16949 Cl. 8.3.5.2 e) - Manufacturing Process Flow Charts & Layout IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B Process Risk Assessment Example for a Manufacturing Company Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
O PFMEA - Reducing Severity (S) Ranking - Manufacturing Process Design Changes FMEA and Control Plans 4
I Manufacturing build requests - process and form Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Crimpshrine13 Is VDA 6.3 required for Manufacturing Process Audit (ISO/TS 16949)? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
L Most appropriate Auditor to check the FMEA & PCP of a Manufacturing Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
M Manufacturing Process Validation Destructive Testing Sampling Plan Advice Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
A SOP for Marketing Process for a Medical Devices Manufacturing Company wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J Process FMEA w/ Contracted Manufacturing ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
D Number of Manufacturing Lots for Process Validation Manufacturing and Related Processes 10
Q Medical Device Manufacturing Process Monitoring Best Practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
J What is Incorporation in Assembly/Manufacturing Process in FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 4
T What tools are there to monitor a Manufacturing Process or Operation? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
D Membrane Filter Materials - What process and Equipments used in Manufacturing? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
C Severity of Effect on Process (Manufacturing/Assembly Effect) Scrap or Reworking FMEA and Control Plans 3
A ISO/TS 16949 - 7.3.3.2 Manufacturing Process Design Output IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
Chennaiite Control Chart for Non-Manufacturing Process Indicators - Is it worth? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
T Manufacturing Process Deviation linked to DMR (Discrepant Material Report)? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
L Changes to Manufacturing Process or Device with CE Marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
L Process Flow Chart for manufacturing of Light Switch requested Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
D How to measure Process Capability for Homogeneous Batch Manufacturing Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
kedarg6500 Manufacturing Process Design and Development Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
S TS 16949 7.3.3.2 Question - Manufacturing Process Design Output. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
R SOPs in Manufacturing - Has anyone got a management process that works? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
J Production Process vs. Manufacturing Process - Differences IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
N Causes of Disbond Defects in Composites Manufacturing Process Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
T Calculation of Sigma Level of Defects for a Manufacturing Process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
W How to manage drugs during a manufacturing process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
N How to Check the Sigma Value of my Yarn Manufacturing Process Six Sigma 10