Many guests logged on - Spiders and Who's Online

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Spiders

ISP = Internet Service Provider
IP = Decimal Internet 'Address'
URL = Uniform Resource Locator (aka Domain Name)

E

energy

Cut it out

Marc said:
ISP = Internet Service Provider
IP = Decimal Internet 'Address'
URL = Uniform Resource Locator (aka Domain Name)

Okay...I get it. It's IP. :bonk: Thought I was seeing the Boogey Man!
:vfunny:

E

energy

Spiders

I noticed that a lot of the spiders have the same address and they indicate that they are either reporting or modifying a post. Pretty weird. :vfunny:

A

Atul Khandekar

I think spiders usually would try to follow 'every' link on a page and that's why you see them trying to moderate, edit or report posts or sending emails or PMs.

Marc

Leader
energy said:
I noticed that a lot of the spiders have the same address and they indicate that they are either reporting or modifying a post. Pretty weird. :vfunny:
Spiders follow every link they come to. I did recently put in a 'robots.txt' file (tells them what to spider and what not to) so you shouldn't see spiders doing many 'forbidden' functions in the Who's Online listings now.

Marc

Leader
energy said:
Ahhhh! There is a different ISP at the very end of what they are looking at, so you can see the "real" ISP. Just noticed that or I wouldn't have posted. :)
Yes - But only admins can see the IP or the resolved host in the listing.

Dave-h

Involved In Discussions
"Who's On-line" question

Sorry if you've answered this one a hundred times already...

In the "Who's On-line" section of the forums index page, there is the list of registered users that are currently on-line. Can you tell me the significance of the various font styles - bold, italic, various colours?

Just curious...

Thanks,

Dave :cool:

Top Bottom