Mapping ISO 9001 and CMM 2 (KPAs) - SEPG (Software Engineering Process Group)

S

SuRiVs

Hello Everyone! I discover the forum a few days ago when I started working on a small compañy who is certifying ISO 9001. I am working as part of the SEPG (Software Engineering Procces Group). This is a small compañy (around 15 + 2 in office). We started the procces of CMM2 compatibility a year ago but recently started on the proccess of ISO implementation.

What I wanted to ask is if anyone had heard or knew where to find a map between ISO 9001 requirements and CMM2 KPAs or if it even exist.

Besides that I was wondering if anyone knew any good material relating process mapping - process appoach since I am finding it hard to implement.

Best regards from down south,

Martin Lewit

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Hello Martin, and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

SuRiVs said:
What I wanted to ask is if anyone had heard or knew where to find a map between ISO 9001 requirements and CMM2 KPAs or if it even exist.
Concerning your question: Sorry, I have to admit complete ignorance here... CMM2 is...?
I hope some other Cove dveller can help you out.

/Claes

S

SuRiVs

Claes Gefvenberg said:
CMM2 is...?
I hope some other Cove dveller can help you out.

/Claes
Sorry, I forgot to explain the CMM2 part. CMM means Capability Maturity Model (is for software). Is a process developed by the Software Engineering Institute (it belongs to te Carnegie Mellon University). It measures the madurity of the softare enginering practices on a company.

Basacaly it has 5 levels of maturity
1. Initial
2. Repetible
3. Defined
4. Managed
5. Optimize

Each of them have different KPAs (Key Process Areas). You may only know about it in case you work in a software company. So I won't extend on it, buy if anyone is interested.....

Thanks anyway for the reply

Martin

Ps how do you get the empoticons in the middle of the message?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Updating a Quality Manual from ISO 9001 to ISO TS 16949 - Process Mapping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
J Mapping ISO 9001 to other ISO Standards ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J Internal Audit NC ISO 9001 Clause Mapping - Quality Objective Achievement Plan ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Miner Poll: How do you comply with the ISO 9001 requirement for Mapping Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M Process Mapping - Process Flow and Interactions of Processes - ISO 9001 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 124
H ISO 9001 / CMMI (SEI's Capablity Maturity Model) mapping - Software development Software Quality Assurance 2
R Process Mapping for a BPMS (Business Process Management System) vs ISO Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
M PDCA cycle - Process mapping - Environmental ISO 14001 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
T ISO 20000 Mapping to ITIL and COBIT IT (Information Technology) Service Management 4
T ISO/IEC 27001 to ISO/IEC 12207 Mapping - Cross Reference Matrix IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
D Is Process Mapping an ISO 13485 Requirement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
A Information Technology Process Mapping per ISO 13485 - example wanted Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
H Process Mapping related to EMS for ISO 14001:2004 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 5
M ISO/TS 16949 Process Mapping (need examples) Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
C ISO 14000 and mapping the flow Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
K Process Mapping - Inputs/Outputs/Detail Activities/Control points/Measurement? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
J Here is my definition of Defect Mapping Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
Z 21 CFR and Annex 11 mapping document Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
R Process Mapping a Civil Infrastructure Construction company Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
Q Guidance Needed For Mapping Career Path Career and Occupation Discussions 5
L Mapping the loan lending bank process Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
R PPM, Pictorial Process Mapping, Templates Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Value Stream Mapping Calculations Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
S ISO14001:2015 Factory Process Mapping ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
O Process Mapping prior to Validation and Software to use to Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 12
J Agenda of Value Stream Mapping workshop required Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
R VSM - Value Stream Mapping (catheter manufacturing unit) Customer Complaints 10
A Mapping of IEC 62304 artefacts (SRS, SAD, etc) to the 820.30 phases IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Mapping Processes to 7.3 Development and Design - AS9100 Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 3
C Dose Mapping - How to relate back to Routine Monitoring Position ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
S Value Stream Mapping for a Product Family Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
A Assessing/Mapping Employee Attitude during Competency Mapping (Assessment) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
M Value Stream Mapping or Deployment Chart in Services Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
BradM What is the minimum size chamber for mapping? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
B Macro Process Mapping (pre-GAP analysis) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
C Value Stream Mapping Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
I Stability Chamber Temperature Mapping General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
V Any examples of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) for Product Development Processes (PDP) ? Six Sigma 3
C Process Mapping Electronic Document Control Software Recommendations Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
P Value Stream Mapping - Trying to do Value Stream Mapping of our Products Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S Value Stream Mapping (VSM) in After Sales Customer Support Service Department Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
S Business Case for Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 4
V Value Stream Mapping - Loan Processing for Vehicle Asset Financing (VAF) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
L Qualiware Software & Process Mapping Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
Q Correlation Matrix and Value Stream Mapping? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
F How does Process Mapping help to make a process more Transparent to the Customer? Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 2
M SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) Process Mapping Tool example Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 11
N Process Mapping a Private Company that deals with Insurance Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 8