Material Test Form - Example of the required information

J

JaySturgeon

Can anyone give me an example of the required information to be put on the Material Test Form. I have never filled out this form before. I have the material certs and mechanicals, but am not sure what to put on the form.

I have always sent the cert and the mechanicals with my PPAP subimission and that's been satisfactory before. I now have a customer who wants this in the form.

Help anyone.

Thanks,

Jay

:bonk:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
JaySturgeon said:
Can anyone give me an example of the required information to be put on the Material Test Form. I have never filled out this form before. I have the material certs and mechanicals, but am not sure what to put on the form.

I have always sent the cert and the mechanicals with my PPAP subimission and that's been satisfactory before. I now have a customer who wants this in the form.

Help anyone.

Thanks,

Jay

Copy the details from the certs to the form.
This should be enough

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

JaySturgeon said:
Help anyone.
Thanks,
Jay
As a die casting company, all I've done (once!!) was to list the chemical elements, the standard called out on the part print (AA, ASTM, UNS, etc.) and our Results. It is basically a "copy" of my Metal Certification. The physical, mechanical properties I submit on the "Performance Test Results" sheets - when required. If I have some nice graphs I include them as an attachment.

Hope that helps but please remember, the one time I "had to submit" the Material Test Results sheet, that customer realized it was just a duplication of the metal cert. and has not required one since.

Bill

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sean Kelley Help creating form for shipping w/o MTR's (Material Test Report) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D I need a copy of a Material Test Results Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
J AS9100 - Validation of Test Reports for Al 304 Raw Material AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Charpy impact test - Mill cert for API 13CrL80 coupling stock material with is PLS 2 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
somashekar Transactional Analysis Training and Test Material needed Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Z My first Gage R&R - Paper/Poly/Foil Material Bond Test, need help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
S SX MRP Software MTR (Material Test Report) Module Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 4
L Can I use Technical Data Sheet as Material Test Results in PPAP APQP and PPAP 6
R Information on RAC US Test Preparation Material Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
F PPAP Material Test Results Requirements - Material Supplier Identification QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
A AS9100 - Verification of Raw Material Supplier Test Reports AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
E AS9100 Section 7.4.3 Test Validation for Material AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
S Recommendations for a good commercially available Material Test Report (MTR) Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
O Numbers of units tested for Material/Performance Test - PPAP manual chapter 2.2.10.1 APQP and PPAP 1
H Determining if I should Test Material - Aluminum Castings Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
A What material properties can we test for - Sheet metal pressing Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 4
S Needs clarification on tensile test on SS class F 431 material as per ASTM A 473 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
N Periodically validate test reports for raw material - AS9100 7.4.3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
P Plastic Identification/Test - Melt Flow Index to Determine Correct Material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 16
T ISO 10993 Tests of End Product vs. Test of Material - Japanese Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B About FMVSS302 - What frequency do I have to test burn plastic material Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 23
Q Ford's for material test methods for tensile strength, compression deflection, etc. Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
K Periodic validation of raw material test reports (7.4.3) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Q Change the shape of the raw material FAI AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
S Regrind Material in Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Anonymous16-2 Dietary Supplement Raw Material/Component Storage and Production Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
H Expired packaging material - Expired unused Tyvek pouches Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
A Design History File - Not ready to share the design drawings or Bill of Material US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Class 3 Device - Change of supplier of material Canada Medical Device Regulations 6
D List A IVD - Change to material supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Skooma Deburring and Tolerances - Is there a Standard for deburring or removing material? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
D Can PFMEA be used in disposition of NC material? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
DuncanGibbons Manufacturing Plan vs Material Specification vs Control Plan Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
L AS5553 Clause 3.1.7 e "Control packaging material ..................reused" AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
J Raw material certificates - CC - Safety products - Sheet metal stamping IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
C Manufacturing overages & nonconforming material documentation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M Changing supplier of critical raw material (III class device) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
I Where can I beg, steal (just kidding of course) or borrow good training material on the ISO 9001:2015 standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
DMLqms Material for laboratory use or Medical Device? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Material from outside CER evaluation period CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
F AS9100D, raw material standards are a requirement for manufacturing? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
6 Management of SDS and Hazardous Material Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
DuncanGibbons Are there any aerospace specific requirements for material resource planning? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
T Was Just told we could ONLY buy material for AS9100 customers if the DISTRIBUTION house is AS9100 / AS9120 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Clean room injection molding, raw material mixing requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Raw material Mixing / Preparation for clean room class C injection molding Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
P GM TWO (Temporary Work Order) - Is there a specific GM format for the TWO# to be sent with the material? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1