Material Test Form - Example of the required information

J

JaySturgeon

Can anyone give me an example of the required information to be put on the Material Test Form. I have never filled out this form before. I have the material certs and mechanicals, but am not sure what to put on the form.

I have always sent the cert and the mechanicals with my PPAP subimission and that's been satisfactory before. I now have a customer who wants this in the form.

Help anyone.

Thanks,

Jay

:bonk:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
JaySturgeon said:
Can anyone give me an example of the required information to be put on the Material Test Form. I have never filled out this form before. I have the material certs and mechanicals, but am not sure what to put on the form.

I have always sent the cert and the mechanicals with my PPAP subimission and that's been satisfactory before. I now have a customer who wants this in the form.

Help anyone.

Thanks,

Jay

Copy the details from the certs to the form.
This should be enough

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

JaySturgeon said:
Help anyone.
Thanks,
Jay

As a die casting company, all I've done (once!!) was to list the chemical elements, the standard called out on the part print (AA, ASTM, UNS, etc.) and our Results. It is basically a "copy" of my Metal Certification. The physical, mechanical properties I submit on the "Performance Test Results" sheets - when required. If I have some nice graphs I include them as an attachment.

Hope that helps but please remember, the one time I "had to submit" the Material Test Results sheet, that customer realized it was just a duplication of the metal cert. and has not required one since.

Bill

H

henery

Copy the details from the certs to the form.
This should be enough
Would it be possible to get PPAP material + performace test result sample forms with info. completed for sheet metal fabrication - just an example?

Top Bottom