Materials/information about ISO 9001/QMS history and evolution

Could someone please help me with information/materials about Quality Management and ISO 9001 history and evolution.
I would appreciate links or attachments very much!
Thanks in advance!

(It would be great to start with Forsight in 1905... Oh, ok then Deming in 1950... :) )

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thanks, Marc has interesting materials, but iso.ch is not too extensive... I would really appreciate some other too :)
:) I know i can find everything on the web, I am searching right now. If you have an insight where should i look, please advise me, big friendly hug granted :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

qualitymanager

Have you checked your national Standards Body? Someone there should be able to direct you to some literature.

I'd also recommend Juran's "History of Managing for Quality: The Evolution, Trends, and Future Directions of Managing for Quality" (ISBN 0-87389-341-7) for general guidance on quality practices.

In looking over my list of websites, I didn't come across any which directly addresses your request.

In looking at the evolution of ISO 9000, I think you need to check on the BS 5750:1979 which I'm told was one of the key sources for ISO 9001:1987 - contact BSI for info, I guess.

If you do find some links online, please post them.

qualitymanager

V

Vash Stampede

Use the search engine, www.dogpile.com :thedeal: and type the information you want to know, there's a bunch of information that you could see on that search engine.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Vash :cool:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Can I get some information... CRM (Certified Reference Materials) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Anerol C Flow of materials Information needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
Q Proprietary Information and Control Plans - Equipment, Materials, Specifications FMEA and Control Plans 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
P Flammability Testing of Aircraft Interior Materials Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
K EU Shelf life claims for individual materials EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Production of raw materials in university labs? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 11
A We're currently looking for any studies performed on various PPE materials Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
R Bill of Materials for a complex product - Industry best practice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
N Medical Device claims that I make in my promotional/advertising materials Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 9
W My company is looking to start a materials testing lab that conforms to ISO17025:2017 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
D Standard guide for shelf life determination of non sterile component with degradation materials Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
Sidney Vianna AS9100 News July 2019 AAQG/RMC CB Auditor Workshop - Presentation Materials AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
A Reduced Testing of Pharmaceutical Raw Materials Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
D 4M (Man, machine, method, materials) Management Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M Maximum Height for the stored material or stock materials Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 1
M Testing Tensile Strength of Materials AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
M Informational 2019 Meeting Materials of the General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA Final Guidance – Medical Devices Containing Materials Derived from Animal Sources (Except for In Vitro Diagnostic Devices) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational USFDA – Efforts to evaluate materials in medical devices to address potential safety questions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Marketing and promotional materials - EU and MDR Specific EU Medical Device Regulations 11
M Medical Device News USFSA – 2019 Meeting Materials of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Control of Medical Device Marketing and Promotional Materials - EU regulation EU Medical Device Regulations 20
I Food Contact Materials Declaration of Compliance Inquiry - (EC) 1935/2004 Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 4
K ISO 9001:2015 AVL - New Chinese standards requiring all testing of materials be done in China ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
S CQI-12 - Applicability to Raw Materials Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
M Translation requirements for marketing materials Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
U Run & rate for bulk materials IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
N How to ensure our employees don’t grab and use the wrong materials Manufacturing and Related Processes 11
T Control of Promotional/Advertising Materials Other US Medical Device Regulations 11
J Bill of Materials required according to MDD93/42/EC Annex II Section 3.2 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
V Inspection of Initial Importer/ Distributor Products and Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
C Proper Thickness Gauge for Foam/Felt and Soft Materials General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
R BOM (Bill of Materials) - To rev or not to rev Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
A ISO9001:2015 Auditor Training Materials Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
V Study About Raw Materials (Polymers) - DSC, FTIR,TGA, and SEM Images Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
M ISO9001:2015 Clause 8.4 Control of External Processes and Purchased Goods & Materials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Expired Materials (threadlocker) Audit Finding Classification? Internal Auditing 1
J BRC Packaging and Packaging Materials Standard Training Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
A Using Suture materials after their expiry date 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K TS 16949 Planning Phase: Raw Materials purchased from Distributer and the PPAP impact IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
E Pallets need to be changed when raw materials are transferring from WH to MFG area? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 6
S Archiving IVD Test Kit Raw Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
E Use of Certified Reference Materials for Quality Assurance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
D Receiving Inspection Training Materials Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
B Biocompatibility for Packaging Materials Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
W Aerospace Materials Handling Training AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
S Seeking examples of Nonconforming Materials Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
C NCM (Non-Conforming Materials) Procedure questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5