Matrix to determine what's needed to create a QMS v ISO 9001

Adehanks

Starting to get Involved
Hi All,

I am about to build out a QMS, but have ISO 9001 in my sights too. What is the best way to submit this to management in an easy way? I want to create a matrix that states this is what's needed for a QMS and this would be the extra legwork needed to get to the ISO 9001 requirements (maybe for for accreditation down the line). Does anyone have something that states this?

Thanks!

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I would just build it in compliance with ISO 9001. It will give you the structure. Setup your matrix, with the standard clauses down one column, and how you comply or will comply down the next column. You can skip as TBD what is not yet applicable to your organization.

Adehanks

Starting to get Involved
For clarification, are you trying to "sell" management on 9001 or just trying to tell them what you're doing?

They are already sold on it, but are not necessarily too concerned about 9001 certification at this point. I wanted to show in a quick and efficient way how we could could get to that point from the QMS milestone to 9001.

Randy

Super Moderator
They are already sold on it, but are not necessarily too concerned about 9001 certification at this point. I wanted to show in a quick and efficient way how we could could get to that point from the QMS milestone to 9001.
Seriously? Do they even know what they are wanting and why? 9001 is nothing more than a blueprint, a floor map, an outline, whatever you want to call it, for what has been defined, detailed, described, or decided is needed for an effective QMS. There is no need to look for anything else, absolutely no need.

Top Bottom