MBA Finance major & HR minor job opportunity in TQM field

S

subhankar1

Respect Sir / Madam

I am Subhankar Nandan I am pursuing MBA Finance as Major and HR as minor.

I am looking forward to work in TQM field.

Is this combination of MBA id good to get in to TQM career? What should be my combination?

My college only offers Finance & Hr as Major and Mktg as Minor...

I worked as as0sistent to Management Representative (1 year 8 months) and start my career as Management representative... after MBA

Education Back ground
1. B.com
2. MBA finance major & HR minor

Please suggest me how should I strategies my career plan.

Thank you in advance for your professional inputs.:thanks:

Yours faith fully
Subhankar Nandan

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Good day Subhankar,

Your education plan seems reasonable, though both finance and human resources tend to be specialized fields that may not provide a reliable portal into TQM practice.

I regret to say I am not aware of a career path in the U.S. for TQM, which I hope to have correctly identified as Total Quality Management. If there was such a career, I would be pounding on the door for entry! Most U.S. managers do not know about it, much less practice it or employ people to champion it. :(

One can, however seek placement in enlightened organizations, and for that day it helps to be prepared. One of the best things I ever did was volunteer as an Examiner for a state version of the Baldrige Quality Award. I understand an equivalent in India is the IMC Ramkrishna Bajaj National Quality Award. If you are able, I suggest you try to work as a volunteer Examiner for that group, or something similar. When I did this I gained valuable experience in applying the TQM principles that form the foundation of the Award. In addition, I found professionals like myself with whom to network, and an idea of which organizations are out there are among the enlightened, and why.

I have also used the experience as a volunteerism item on my resume, which has received positive notice among those who understand it.

I hope this helps!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B [Help] Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
B Help with Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S MBA ISMS Project help wanted IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
A Certificate in Quality Management vs MBA specialized in Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 18
E MBA (Masters of Business Administration) Benefits? Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Software for MBA - Operations and Systems Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
V ISO 9001 QMS (quality management system) for MBA College ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Switching over to Management - Is the MBA an Asset? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
J Link to a vitual MBA Managers skills course pdf file Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
gard2372 BSBM-->MBA-QM or MSQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
Marc Which is more important to a Quality Professional - MBA or Six Sigma Black Belt? Professional Certifications and Degrees 44
W Get MBA? Opinion requested Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Steve Prevette MBA Curriculum Question Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Marc MBA - Masters of Business Administration - Any 'Real' Value? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
RoxaneB What is your interest in an Executive MBA programme? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 26
J MBA Thesis Survey - Use of methodologies and tools in Quality Management Systems ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
L Managing Finance Processes - Identification of Sub Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M Auditing Human Resources and Finance Departments ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Application of Public Finance Management to Government Institutions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D Supplier Evaluation of a Finance Department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
S RCA examples for Finance Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 3
R Finance Procedures in the QMS Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
R QMS System Upgrading - Should the HSE and Finance functions be included? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 15
D Determining Quality Objectives for the Finance Department ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
C Which Clause in ISO 9001:2008 addresses Finance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Internal Audit of Finance Department per ISO 9001:2008? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
B Should we have a documented finance process? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
I Quality should own document control - WHY is finance getting involved?? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
Q Unsupported ISO areas in Process map? Finance and Accounting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
P Does your finance department need QMS documentation? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
I Does your organization include Finance & Accounting documents in the QMS? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 16
D Administration and Finance (ADM/FIN) Audit Procedure General Auditing Discussions 3
B List of Banking & Finance Companies that are ISO 9001:2000 World News 3
P Process improvements in Finance and Accounts Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
M Audit Finance/Account Department - What/How to audit a Finance/Account Dept? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
F Auditing Depth - IT, Finance and H&S and Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
A Finance procedures in QMS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
V Human Resources, Finance and Administration in ISO 9001 - Procedures and formats ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 60
A Define timeline for Major and Miner Audit finding General Auditing Discussions 4
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
M ISO 9001 Major Nonconformance Internal Audit Schedule/COVID-19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Scanton Double Major for the same infraction? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
M Major vs. Minor for Internal Audits? Internal Auditing 10
W Major NCRs within AS9100 - What is the most frequent reason for Major NCRs? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
Stefan Mundt AS9100D Major nonconformity due to recurrence of a NC during a subsequent CB audit. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
E Received a Major finding during IATF Surveillance audit for loss of BIQS Level 3 (more than 6 SPPS in 6 months)...how should we address SYSTEMIC CA? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
S Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
C Fact or fiction - Repeat minor becomes a major IATF non-conformance IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7