MBA Thesis Survey - Use of methodologies and tools in Quality Management Systems

J

Jean-Philippe

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As a support for my MBA thesis I have developed a web site containing a survey about the use of methodologies and tools in support of quality management systems. I would frankly appreciate if you could answer this short questionnaire to help me gather information from the professionals in the field or in academics.
You would also greatly help me if you could advertize this survey to colleagues and friends.

*** DEAD LINK REMOVED ***

Thank you in advance for your support and forgive me for sending you a generic message. I will gladly answer personally to anybody wishing to receive more information on the subject.

Jean-Philippe Hubin

Thanks to all the people who have answered the questionnaire so far.
Sorry about the "page not found" message, I am not running the server myself and it might have been down for a few minutes/hours. I am connected via a cable and never had problem accessing the page, speed might be a factor, I will check this problem.
People had concerns about the usability of the survey, let me try to give some hints on how I plan to use the results.

1. As mentionned on the web site, it is not a scientific survey. It will be used to gather information from different point of view.
2. The questions about the QMS are aimed at measuring the adequacy between different methods and tools used in the management of QMS and the different elements of a QMS (management, accreditation, customer relationship, process approach, etc.).
3. The level of adequacy for each answer should help me determine which methodology/tool is best used for each of these elements.

Finally, if you think that the survey can be improved (and I am sure it can), I would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

B Hartley

I note that 580 views yet the web site has had only 3 completed Questionnaires (the third being mine)

Can Cayman Readers do better than this ?? to help someone doing an MBA project asking for H E L P!!

Rgds Brian :bigwave:

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
But, Of Course!

Yes, I can. He posted the same post in three different threads. I figured it was a topic unto its self - so - I split it off of one of the the threads and deleted the other two from the threads they were in.

I did notice that it 'inherited' the thread read count from the thread it was split off of. I also looked for a way to change it to 0. I found nothing I can do to change that number. I think I'd have to dive into the database to change that to 0 - and I don't understand the structure that well to know where that value lies. With the baseline (see below) it's a moot issue for now. Looks impressive, though, doesn't it? :thedeal:

I think it inherited about 575 to 580 reads (right before you logged on, as I remember) - so there's the approximate baseline.

D

David Mullins

surveys that make you go Hmmm

I started to fill out the survey, then dumped it.

I concluded that it was created by someone with no understanding of how surveys need to be constructed and written, and little understanding of quality concepts/tools/etc.

I dumped it because I concluded the accumulated data from the survey would be virtually useless, meaningless and not reflecting reality.

Ain't I harsh!

E

energy

Me too

David,

I agree. I think it belongs in another thread, anyway. One that pushes a program using this forum for input. You know, like "Equipment" or "Software Programs". I have enough things to look at and learn from this site other than how to add some more letters to someone's title. And, we know what that does to me and my feelings about another "suit".:biglaugh: :smokin:

J

Jean-Philippe

A word of explanation

Thanks to all the people who have answered the questionnaire so far.
Sorry about the "page not found" message, I am not running the server myself and it might have been down for a few minutes/hours. I am connected via a cable and never had problem accessing the page, speed might be a factor, I will check this problem.
People had concerns about the usability of the survey, let me try to give some hints on how I plan to use the results.

1. As mentionned on the web site, it is not a scientific survey. It will be used to gather information from different point of view.
2. The questions about the QMS are aimed at measuring the adequacy between different methods and tools used in the management of QMS and the different elements of a QMS (management, accreditation, customer relationship, process approach, etc.).
3. The level of adequacy for each answer should help me determine which methodology/tool is best used for each of these elements.

Finally, if you think that the survey can be improved (and I am sure it can), I would appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
I muddled through it myself. I'm finishing my MBA on the way to a DBA and I can tell you that I would not take the approach that was used. The survey questions appear to be too loosly thought out and lead virtually nowhere.

Sorry pal.:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B [Help] Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
B Help with Customer Engagement Survey for MBA Project - due Apr19 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S MBA Finance major & HR minor job opportunity in TQM field Career and Occupation Discussions 1
S MBA ISMS Project help wanted IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
A Certificate in Quality Management vs MBA specialized in Quality Career and Occupation Discussions 18
E MBA (Masters of Business Administration) Benefits? Career and Occupation Discussions 7
P Software for MBA - Operations and Systems Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
V ISO 9001 QMS (quality management system) for MBA College ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
M Switching over to Management - Is the MBA an Asset? Career and Occupation Discussions 10
J Link to a vitual MBA Managers skills course pdf file Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 0
gard2372 BSBM-->MBA-QM or MSQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
Marc Which is more important to a Quality Professional - MBA or Six Sigma Black Belt? Professional Certifications and Degrees 44
W Get MBA? Opinion requested Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Steve Prevette MBA Curriculum Question Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Marc MBA - Masters of Business Administration - Any 'Real' Value? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
RoxaneB What is your interest in an Executive MBA programme? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 26
N Student trying to apply Lean Six Sigma on a Construction project in my thesis Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M PhD Thesis Data Statistical Analysis Methods Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
J Resistance to Change as a Master Thesis in Quality Assurance Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
S Help with Master Thesis focusing on ISO/TS 16949 and CSR in automotive SC IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I Request to participate in ISO 14001 survey for Masters Thesis ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
F Requirements for Cutting Fluids for Titanium Materials - Thesis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
S Supplier Relations Dissertation/Thesis - Completing a CQI Diploma Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
I Education: Master Quality Management & Master Thesis Career and Occupation Discussions 8
A Research Thesis topic relating to Calibration Calibration Frequency (Interval) 6
B Six Sigma in Retail Industry - Thesis material needed Six Sigma 3
J Looking for help to give me some idea about my thesis project (Medical Device Design) Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
V GAGE R&R Formal definition/ formulas for master's thesis Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
J CAPA History/Background Required - MSc Thesis on a CAPA System - Medical Devices Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
M Calibration Management Research - Master's Thesis at UCLA Anderson School of Business General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P The Significance of Lean and Six Sigma Outside Manufacturing - Thesis Questionnaire Six Sigma 0
P Definition Lean Manufacturing - Definitions of (thesis assignment) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
P Looking for subject matter for thesis about TQM, ISO9000, TS19649 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
T Six Sigma Thesis - Six Sigma Works: Fact or Fiction Six Sigma 85
L TQM Master's Thesis: Now I'm Lost Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 12
P ISO 13485:2016 MDSAP Certification Fee Survey ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Need help with analysing a survey on minitab Using Minitab Software 1
M Informational From RAPS – 27% Will be Compliant? Survey Highlights Lack of Readiness for EU MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Team-NB published a press release regarding the survey run among its members to analyse the certificates being issued Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
optomist1 Survey of Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers APQP and PPAP 6
T Likert Analysis of Data from a Survey Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
A Efficacy of ISO 9001:2015 - Survey ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
T Assessment / Audit / Survey for Indirect Suppliers or Material ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
N Customer Survey Question Has Me Stumped - Compliance with Laws and Regulations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
K Temperature Uniformity Survey (TUS) - Vacuum Furnace General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D Alternatives to Customer Feedback Survey in ISO 9001 Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
N Interesting Discussion How to Deal with Suppliers Who Refuse to Complete our ISO Survey? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 51
N Survey to Customers Regarding Our Complaint Response Time Customer Complaints 7
L 5 minutes only for this Survey on the Value of PDCA and Your EMS Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1