SBS - The best value in QMS software

MDR Gap Analysis - Consultant fees

JoCam

Trusted Information Resource
Hi All,

Before I start, I'm not asking this question because I need a MDR gap analysis performed, I did it myself. However, I am curious as to how much this activity would've cost me if I had decided to outsource.

JoCam

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

mihzago

It's really difficult to answer that question because there's going to be a very wide range of costs depending on the consultant (independent vs. a big consulting firm) and the type of company/product you have. Many consulting firms charge premium for MDR services because it's new and proper assessment critical; fees of $400-$500 per hour for their senior consultants would not be surprising.

Tobias_HF

Involved In Discussions
It's really difficult to answer that question because there's going to be a very wide range of costs depending on the consultant (independent vs. a big consulting firm) and the type of company/product you have. Many consulting firms charge premium for MDR services because it's new and proper assessment critical; fees of $400-$500 per hour for their senior consultants would not be surprising.
Not a freelancer myself, but friends are and do this work: 150€ plus x for medium / long term assignments.
From my own experience I can say: its worth to book the good, expensive (and pretty rare) ones....:-(

Steve M

Starting to get Involved
We have used a consultancy firm for parts of the MDR transition and this ranged from £100-180 per hour depending on the expertise required.

JoCam

Hi Mihzago,

Thank you for the hourly fee provided. Would you know typically how long one would take to perform?

Jo

mihzago

Hi Mihzago,

Thank you for the hourly fee provided. Would you know typically how long one would take to perform?

Jo
how long did it take you? Your time should be a good ballpark.
You may find a consultant that is very efficient and knowledgeable and could do it faster, but then you have in-depth knowledge of your product and company processes so you could identify gaps more efficiently.

I did a few gap assessments, but it was a few years ago and I don't remember how long it took me. Maybe 20 hours? Probably more if you include action plan to address the gaps.

The rates I mentioned ($300-400) are probably on the higher end and you could certainly find consultants (especially independent ones) with rates ranging $100-200.

JoCam

how long did it take you? .
Hi mihzago,

It took me 2 days with the completion of the action plan, but I designed and implemented the quality management system and put together the design history files and technical files for the devices, so I was armed with a whole lot of insight. I was wondering how long a fresh pair of eyes would propose as a timeline for completion.

Jo

I've been doing nothing but MDR gap assessments, GSPR's & MDR STED's and templates since 2017. Most companies have the typical gaps as with the new MDR requirements i.e. CMR, PSUR, PCMF, labelling updates, clinical, etc. so it would really depend on how organised the company documents and current MDD TF are in order to do a gap assessment and convert to MDR format. A gap assessment would also depend on familiarity with specific types of devices i.e. software, electronic, MR compatible, implant, sterile, reusable, classification, etc. I could likely complete a GSPR in 1-2 days if the docs are organised and have an up-to-date ERC. The GSPR template I use lists applicable ER's so it is easy to cross reference. I am an RA Consultant with over 19 years experience with my own LLC so I base my fees either on Project Basis i.e. flat rate for completion or an hourly rate for long and short term contracts. Please note, it takes many hours to put the templates together so for most Consultants a project rate would likely be implemented, rather than simply be charged at an hourly rate.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Looking for a EU MDR Gap Analysis template EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M MDR Medical devices Gap analysis ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
L UDI Requirments Gap Analysis - EU MDR vs FDA CFR EU Medical Device Regulations 8
shimonv Checklist for MDD to MDR gap analysis EU Medical Device Regulations 23
S Gap Analysis MDR req/MEDDEV 2.7.1 rev 4 EU Medical Device Regulations 3
V How do I get a rough MDD to MDR gap analysis by clauses Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
C Annex II EU MDR gap analysis EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S EU MDR CAPA - GAP Assessment on CAPA SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
U Distributor obligations under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Raisin picker CECP, consultation according to Art 54 MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Question on MDR classification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M STED vs MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
F UDI-PI required on packaging (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Extension to shelf life of new product under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Instructions for use for Class I devices under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Importer in EU, but not distribute in the EU - MDR obligations EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K MDR Class 1 Self Certification - Competent Authority or Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Responsibilities of Importers / Distributors - MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
S PSUR - MDR First Submission Requirement? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R EU-MDR Article 9-common specifications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Quality Agreement MDR - The manufacturer is outside of EU Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M MDR - eIFU - When you can supply an electronic IFU instead of a paper IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M MDR harmonized standards EU Medical Device Regulations 3
cscalise RAPS/Med Dev EU MDR Guidebook - Reviews or Opinions? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
V New Product Model CE Mark Certification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E MDR PRRC "jointly responsible" EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Strategy for MDR Regulatory Compliance Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S EU MDR Annex I Chapter III 23.4 z EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R MDR & depth of technical files review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 18
U EU-MDR: Complicated supply chain EU Medical Device Regulations 4
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IVD in MDR procedure pack EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ed Panek IFU Contact Requirements - FDA and MDD/MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Are EC type examinations still being conducted under MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
U MDD Article 12/ MDr Article 22 interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E MDR internal audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
R MDR, Annex I, 23.1 Interpretation - IFU on the website EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M MDR Article 22 Interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A User interface Language Requirements - EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L EU MDR Article 86 PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1