SBS - The best value in QMS software

MDR/IVDR Annex III - Technical documentation on PMS

Dear experts,

We are struggling with 2 requirements from Annex III related to PMS in the MDR/IVDR:

The PMS plan shall cover at least:

1) suitable indicators and threshold values that shall be used in the continuous reassessment of the benefit-risk analysis and of the risk management.

We really would appreciate if someone could give practical example(s) of suitable indicators and related threshold values.
We doubt if it is related to the PMS-input or if it is related to already identified risks (output of PMS) affecting the SOD-scores (indicator) and consequently the RPN-value (threshold).

2) methods and protocols to manage the events subject to the trend report as provided for in Art. 83, including methods and protocols to be used to establish any statistically significant increase in the frequency or severity of incidents.

Is it sufficient to only analyse the trend of the ratio #complaints/#orders during a specified period? Or should this be done for more inputdata?

Thanks you for any feedback

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ashley Fu

Starting to get Involved
I also foucus on the PMS. It's really difficult to eatablish a specified PMS plan AND a PMS system for me.:read: Maybe I haven't thoroughly undertood the requirement in the guidance.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J IVDR and MDR ANNEX I Requirements Template EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational EU – Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2019-11: Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Watchcat MDD, MDR/IVDR, Working Groups, Expert Panels, MEDDEVs and Other EU Guidances EU Medical Device Regulations 32
M Informational Update – MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – 2 more NBs designated under the new regulations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – EU MDR/IVDR: US Raises ‘Serious Concerns,’ Urges 3-Year Implementation Delay Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-7 Guidance on Article 15 of the Medical Device Regulation (MDR) and in vitro Diagnostic Device Regulation (IVDR) regarding a “person re Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
M Informational Medtech Europe presentation – – Industry Perspective on the Implementation Status of the MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU MDR and IVDR Factsheet for healthcare professionals and health institutions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational From RAPS – UK NB Will Not Apply for EU MDR/IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M Informational Next meeting of the Medical Device Coordination Group (MDR/IVDR) – 20 June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational EU – Corrigenda for MDR and IVDR published in Official Journal Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – April 2019 update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News EU – Medical Devices Regulation (MDR) and In Vitro Diagnostic Medical Devices Regulation (IVDR) – infographics Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News Last update of the MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan – December 2018 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Manufacturer Incident Report (MIR) for Serious Incidents (MDR/IVDR) and Incidents (MDD/IMDD/IVDD) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
M Medical Device News New guidance sheets for the MDR/IVDR published EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Medical Device News MDR and IVDR implementing measures rolling plan EU Medical Device Regulations 0
bio_subbu CAMD published FAQs to the transitional provisions of MDR and IVDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M MDR and IVDR to be published May 5th 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 14
S MDR & IVDR Introduction in late May 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S EU MDR Annex I Chapter III 23.4 z EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R MDR & depth of review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 7
U EU-MDR: complicated supply chain EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IVD in MDR procedure pack EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ed Panek IFU Contact Requirements - FDA and MDD/MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Are EC type examinations still being conducted under MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
U MDD Article 12/ MDr Article 22 interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E MDR internal audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
R MDR, Annex I, 23.1 Interpretation - IFU on the website EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S EU MDR CAPA - GAP Assessment on CAPA SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR Article 22 Interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A User interface Language Requirements - EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L EU MDR Article 86 PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
E Our company is planning to file MDD not MDR next month. Do we require to show chemical characterization report ? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Classification of a product according to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
L Classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Interpretation of the MDR GSPR 23.4 (u) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Converting SOP MDD to MDR Noob ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Biological indicator system classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L 'Distributor' definition & MDR/MSR relationship EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A What does this line from MDCG 2020-3 (MDR art. 120 substantial change) mean to you? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J EU MDR getting closer - Special offer for Elsmar members 10/2020 EU Medical Device Regulations 14
D ISO 14971:2019 vs MDR Annex 1, Requirement #4 - "Manufacturers shall inform users of any residual risks" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
G MDR translation requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3