Definition MDR, MDVR, MPR - Definitions - ISO 13485 - Medical Devices

RCW

Quite Involved in Discussions
During the course of peforming a self-audit to ISO 13485 (don't ask) I ran across the following acronyms - MDR, MDVR, MPR. This was in the customer complaints section, I do believe.

From what I could find MDR = Medical Device Reporting?

I'm assuming these items have to do with reporting to an agency upon an injury due to the failure of a medical device?

Could somebody please enlighten me?

:thanks:

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
During the course of peforming a self-audit to ISO 13485 (don't ask) I ran across the following acronyms - MDR, MDVR, MPR. This was in the customer complaints section, I do believe.
The customer complaints section of what?

I'm assuming these items have to do with reporting to an agency upon an injury due to the failure of a medical device?

Here's the FDA webpage on MDR

That's about as far as I can go; I don't know what MDVR and MPR refer to.

RCW

The customer complaints section of what?

Whoops, sorry if I left out the specifics. I am looking at ISO 13485, section 8.5.1 General.

This self-audit form I'm dealing with covers U.S. (where MDR shows up), Canada and Europe. Maybe the MDVR and MPR are reporting systems for the latter two.

chris1price

Trusted Information Resource

:thanks:

MDR - Medical Device Report; for FDA in USA
MDVR - Medical Device Vigilance Report; for EU. See Meddev 2.12/1
MPR - No Idea!

RCW

It looks like the US and EU are covered. Would that leave the MPR as being a Canadian requirement? Any Canadian medical device Cove members out there?

C

CBAL08

Looking for example of Procedure/Flowchart or a table which has all the three included MDR (US), MDVR (EU) and MPR (Canada)

Top Bottom