SBS - The best value in QMS software

MDR, RED and LVD - Should our device comply with them?

Hi,
I have a problem with LVD and standard 62368-1, I'm not sure if our device should comply with them. We are designing a medical device with WiFi, so: our device has to comply with MDR and RED. According to article 3.1 of RED, any radio device has to comply with safety requirements set out in 2014/35/EE but with no voltage limits. It means that our device has to comply with RED, MDR and LVD. Essential requirements form LVD are covered by standard IEC 62368-1. Does it mean that our medical device shall comply with requirements from IEC 62368-1 or any other LVD harmonized standard? Are medical devices excluded from this standard because IEC 62368-1 is for "audio/video, information and communication technology equipment"?
I wasn't able to find any information about it. I would be very grateful for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

MikeKilkelly

Starting to get Involved
Hi.. I am very interested in the answer to this. Did you get any information. I would also like to know if the move to the 62368-1 is mndated for products falling under the EMC Directive

Hi,
I've informally spoken with an auditor from the notified body and according to him, any medical device has to comply with 62368-1 (most common) or other LVD harmonized standard.

Hi,
I have a MD class Im product that has a Wifi and then needs to comply with RED. the product is already compliant to EMC/LVD and the compliant as well to EN 300 328.
Can I then conclude that my MD is compliant to RED ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S PSUR - MDR First Submission Requirement? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R EU-MDR Article 9-common specifications. Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
JoCam MDR Gap Analysis - Consultant fees EU Medical Device Regulations 7
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Quality Agreement MDR - The manufacturer is outside of EU Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
M MDR - eIFU - When you can supply an electronic IFU instead of a paper IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M MDR harmonized standards EU Medical Device Regulations 2
cscalise RAPS/Med Dev EU MDR Guidebook - Reviews or Opinions? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
V New Product Model CE Mark Certification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E MDR PRRC "jointly responsible" EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Strategy for MDR Regulatory Compliance Procedure ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S EU MDR Annex I Chapter III 23.4 z EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R MDR & depth of review by NB's EU Medical Device Regulations 8
U EU-MDR: complicated supply chain EU Medical Device Regulations 3
C EU MDR - Annex II 6.1 Pre-clinical and clinical data EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A IVD in MDR procedure pack EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Ed Panek IFU Contact Requirements - FDA and MDD/MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
S Are EC type examinations still being conducted under MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
U MDD Article 12/ MDr Article 22 interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E MDR internal audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R The term "Benefit Risk Ratio" in EU MDR, do I need to present benefit risk analysis as a RATIO Risk Management Principles and Generic Guidelines 4
R MDR, Annex I, 23.1 Interpretation - IFU on the website EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Two FDA questions regarding UDI (and potentially 803.52 MDR) Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S EU MDR CAPA - GAP Assessment on CAPA SOPs EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR Article 22 Interpretation EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A User interface Language Requirements - EU MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
L EU MDR Article 86 PSUR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
P MDR/IVDR Annex III - Technical documentation on PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 1
E Our company is planning to file MDD not MDR next month. Do we require to show chemical characterization report ? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Classification of a product according to MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
L Classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
I Interpretation of the MDR GSPR 23.4 (u) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Converting SOP MDD to MDR Noob ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Biological indicator system classification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L 'Distributor' definition & MDR/MSR relationship EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A What does this line from MDCG 2020-3 (MDR art. 120 substantial change) mean to you? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
D ISO 14971:2019 vs MDR Annex 1, Requirement #4 - "Manufacturers shall inform users of any residual risks" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
G MDR translation requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Applicability of Cybersecurity EU MDR 2017/745 Annex 1 23.4(ab), 14.2(d) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
K Applicability of eIFU as per EU MDR 2017/745 Annex 1 23.1 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
rob73 UK Medical Device Regulations Forum - UK MDR Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 3
J Intervertebral body fusion cage, MDR Class II or Class III? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
F MDR GSPR Checklist template EU Medical Device Regulations 7