SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

MDR, RED and LVD - Should our device comply with them?

Hi,
I have a problem with LVD and standard 62368-1, I'm not sure if our device should comply with them. We are designing a medical device with WiFi, so: our device has to comply with MDR and RED. According to article 3.1 of RED, any radio device has to comply with safety requirements set out in 2014/35/EE but with no voltage limits. It means that our device has to comply with RED, MDR and LVD. Essential requirements form LVD are covered by standard IEC 62368-1. Does it mean that our medical device shall comply with requirements from IEC 62368-1 or any other LVD harmonized standard? Are medical devices excluded from this standard because IEC 62368-1 is for "audio/video, information and communication technology equipment"?
I wasn't able to find any information about it. I would be very grateful for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

MikeKilkelly

Starting to get Involved
Hi.. I am very interested in the answer to this. Did you get any information. I would also like to know if the move to the 62368-1 is mndated for products falling under the EMC Directive

Hi,
I've informally spoken with an auditor from the notified body and according to him, any medical device has to comply with 62368-1 (most common) or other LVD harmonized standard.

Hi,
I have a MD class Im product that has a Wifi and then needs to comply with RED. the product is already compliant to EMC/LVD and the compliant as well to EN 300 328.
Can I then conclude that my MD is compliant to RED ?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Update on NBOG 2014-3 to address MDR/IVDR, or any plan to do that? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A MDR requirement where unit of use packaging is too small for UDI carrier EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S MDR GSPR Standards EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A MDR - Legacy Device Review Timeframe and Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
J Translation requirements for the statement referred to in ANNEX XIII of MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J EU MDR GSPR 10.4.3 and 10.4.4 EU Medical Device Regulations 2
F Labelling to comply with both FDA and MDR US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
N EU MDR and its impact on existing Registrations EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Post Market Safety Update Report for devices that will be up-classified under MDR but are currently under MDD EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Y MDR Transition - make "Available on the market" after CE certificate expiration EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C MDR Classification Rule 10 EU Medical Device Regulations 13
C MDR software classification EU Medical Device Regulations 12
Y MDR requirements for Class I accessories EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M MDR legal actions - manufacturers CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
R Products not within the MDR grace period EU Medical Device Regulations 1
shimonv MDR transition checklist EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K Re-packaging under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Ed Panek Upcoming NB MDD ---> MDR Crunch EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S MDR - System and procedure pack article 22 and all sub processes that apply ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
C Requirements for distributors under MDR: translation EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Should we assign the PRRC before the date of application of MDR (26 May 2021)? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N Looking for a recommendation for an EU MDR Importer EU Medical Device Regulations 1
JoCam Rental and MDD versus MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
A Can anyone share a Distribution Agreement template under MDR 2017/745? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A MDR ANNEX XI part A or Part B EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N OBL under the MDR. Which are the obligations of the OEM? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
U Distributor obligations under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 5
Raisin picker CECP, consultation according to Art 54 MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Question on MDR classification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M STED vs MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
F UDI-PI required on packaging (MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Extension to shelf life of new product under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J Instructions for use for Class I devices under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Importer in EU, but not distribute in the EU - MDR obligations EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K MDR Class 1 Self Certification - Competent Authority or Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M Responsibilities of Importers / Distributors - MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S PSUR - MDR First Submission Requirement? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R EU-MDR Article 9-common specifications Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
JoCam MDR Gap Analysis - Consultant fees EU Medical Device Regulations 10
N Is there a need for clinical test of Class IIa products (for MDR)? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Examples of Combination Products - MDR Article 1 (8) and MDR Article 1(9) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
P EU MDR Translation of Product Name EU Medical Device Regulations 3
N Is this a single integral drug device combination product EU MDR CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
K Quality Agreement MDR - The manufacturer is outside of EU Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M MDR - eIFU - When you can supply an electronic IFU instead of a paper IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 6
M MDR harmonized standards EU Medical Device Regulations 3
cscalise RAPS/Med Dev EU MDR Guidebook - Reviews or Opinions? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
V New Product Model CE Mark Certification under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0