Definition Meaning of "Triangle" Symbol alongside the CE & UL mark on electrical fan?

T

temujin

Hi,

Could anyone tell me the meaning of this triangular-like symbol that I tried to replicate with MSPaint in the attachment to this post.
EDIT: Now I have removed my nice piece of art and replaced it with a real picture of the fanlabel (see post #7)...

It is of a DC Fan next to the Ce and UL Mark.

best regards
t.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

temujin

Re: Meaning of "Triangle" Symbol

Thanks Andy,

In this case, (on the DC Fan I have in front of me) this triangle appears right next to the CE Mark. Would it mean that it was CE Marked with TüV as notified body, or does the triangle symbol stand on its own?

regards
t.

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Meaning of "Triangle" Symbol

Thanks Andy,

In this case, (on the DC Fan I have in front of me) this triangle appears right next to the CE Mark. Would it mean that it was CE Marked with TüV as notified body, or does the triangle symbol stand on its own?

regards
t.

I'm thinking, yes, but that's without seeing it. Where was the fan made? Or who makes it? That might be a clue to the choice of TUV as the NB.

T

temujin

The Fan is manufactured by Kaimei Electronic Corporation (Jamicon) in Taiwan.
It has the UL´s Regognized Component Mark as well so I guess everything is ok. Just wanted to check for sure...

t.

T

temujin

See the attached picture for the label.

regards
t.

Attachments

• fanlabel.jpg
    fanlabel.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 270
Top Bottom