Measurement and Inspection of SAE J-1926 O-Ring Ports

N

nitemare

A customer of ours inquired about inspection processes for o-ring bosses we manufacture for them. They were experiencing difficulty with another supplier that manufacturers similar product and wanted our input. Does anyone have a method for a sound measurement technique that I could use to arrive at in tolerance data? The customer did not want to hear that the porting tool was used as the backbone for quality reports. Their other customer supposedly has some "Go / No-Go gages" they had custom made and they are experiencing failures...Now they are questioning all suppliers. Any help or a line in the right direction would be greatly appeciated.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
nitemare,

Sorry you have not received a reply - sounds like a challenge - sorry I can't help you - anyone else?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I'm going to give this one last bump. If anyone can help with this, it will be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

M

MichaelJT

I'm not sure what's being measured, the tool or the o-ring, since I'm not familiar with the specification. I can offer automated solutions for quality measurements of o-rings if that would help. Please contact me through the forum and we can discuss what I have to offer. Thanks, MJT.

T

True Position

I'm not sure what's being measured, the tool or the o-ring, since I'm not familiar with the specification. I can offer automated solutions for quality measurements of o-rings if that would help. Please contact me through the forum and we can discuss what I have to offer. Thanks, MJT.
'I don't know your parts or your problem, but I can sell you a gaging system!'

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Please - No disruptions. I would hope that if the original poster would provide more specifics, MichaelJT would help by responding here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Test Method Validation (TMV) for all Measurement Methods in Rec/Inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
L IATF 16949 7.1.5.1.1 Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Visual Inspection IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
I NADCAP In Manufacturing Facility with Small Laboratory - Measurement & Inspection AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Outsourced CMM Measurement Inspection Service and ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 14
M Environmental Conditions for Calibration, Inspection, Measurement and Testing (7.6) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
T New Part Inspection with Minimal Measurement Devices Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
V Measurement Reports for Receiving Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J Reputable Third Party Inspection (Metrology Lab) In USA? Cam Profile Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
J Calibrate before use required? Inspection Gages and Measurement Equipment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
automoto Visual Inspection of a Weld - MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
H Dimensional Measurement Uncertainity - Inspection of a component Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
H Inspection Plan Preparation and Measurement Tool Requirements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
G Internal Assessment Programme for Employees "measurement & inspection abilities" Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 2
Z MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) for gages used in final inspection Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
B Automated Vision Inspection System MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Q Measurement Uncertainty (MU) in Dimensional Inspection in a QC Laboratory Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
R Construction: Does new Inspection and Measurement Equipment require calibration? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 22
J Automated In-Line Inspection MSA (Measurement System Analysis) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
W Inspection Measurement Documentation - AS9100B Clause 8.2.4.1 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
M 100% Measurement Shift to Sample Inspection? PCB Substrates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
A Final Inspection - Calibrated M&TE (Measurement and Test Equipment)? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Light Measurement Help - Work Instruction for Inspection of Powder Coated Surfaces Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
P Measurement Resolution of In-Process Automated Inspection System - Stamping House Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
Hershal ASQ Inspection and Measurement Quality divisions conference September 2004 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 0
R 8.2.3.1 Monitoring and measurement - Containment of product and 100% inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M 4.11 Control of Inspection Measurement and Test Equipment Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
S Comparing measurement results for a part from two ring gage General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Building my own measurement equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
J Keyence Measurement Systems General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Q Measurement Equipment Revocation - Looking for a Disposal Form with Risk Assessment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
C IVD Metrological traceability without a reference measurement procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
E Any template/ form of Monitoring and Measurement of Processes and product to ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Flexible "Ring" Roundness Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M IATF 16949 SI # 10: Integrated self-calibration of measurement equipment- Needs for explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I QMS monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation requirement - Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
F Physical Part Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Measurement Uncertainty in Optical Microscopy Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
B ISO 6508 and portable hardness measurement instruments General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
C How to Establish the Calibration & Measurement Capability (CMC)? ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
Ron Rompen Measurement of residual magnetism General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
M Surgical angle measurement guide device with an application software Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
M Disabling measurement data during fault conditions IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
J Most versatile measurement device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Surface scratch measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
N Drawing tolerance vs. Measurement device General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
Ron Rompen MSA on automated measurement system - Multiple Step Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
P Thermo-Hygrometer - Measurement of 10DegC @10%RH ISO 17025 related Discussions 4
hogheavenfarm GDT Flatness measurement question Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
K Software Validation for Measurement Tools used in Process Validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
K Best Measurement Systems Demos in California? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1