Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

Measuring production performance - Defect Detection % vs. Internal Reject

W

Wong Wai Loong

Hello every body ,

I just joint the forum and I have some question need somebody help and share some idea. As a QA engineer is it use the Defect Detection % rather that internal reject to rate production performance.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Re: Is it use the Defect Detection % rather that internal reject to rate prod perform

Hello every body ,

I just joint the forum and I have some question need somebody help and share some idea. As a QA engineer is it use the Defect Detection % rather that internal reject to rate production performance.
Welcome, WWL :D

It seems that you would have to know the former in order to know the latter, no? It further seems that a defect detection percentage might be a measure of inspection efficacy rather than production performance, because if we assume that some defects aren't detected, and you depend on detection to catch defects, then your detection methods might be lacking somehow. How do you define "production performance"?

F

fireonce

Re: Is it use the Defect Detection % rather that internal reject to rate prod perform

Hello every body ,

I prefer to use the Defect Detection %,but I suggest you choose the method according to the specific of your products.:cool:

sal881vw

Quite Involved in Discussions

Hello every body ,

I would use both, if they are key performance indicators especially if the message you want to get across is continuous improvement. Just ensure to get the message across clear enough in a way that, it is effective and adds value.

Top Bottom