Measuring Severity of Construction Nonconformance Report

P

Piero

In construction site we use to make analysis about NCR frequency. We believe frequency doesn’t measure the gravity and we thought that cost of NC (hours spent to solve NC + cost of material + cost of equipment + cost of missed production +...) could be a mean to evaluate it. But in a construction site it’s quite impossible to track these costs especially when we are responsible for that NC. We are more cute to track cost when we can backcharge them to other organization: this is our blame culture.

We try to track the cost of reworking not associating them with NCs. Also in this case the result was really disappointing.

We would like to have a performance index for construction measuring the magnitude of NC (frequency and gravity).

Could you sugest a qualitative measure of NC gravity? Do you think we can use a check list?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Piero

Last edited by a moderator:
D

db

Re: Measuring gravity of construction non conformance report

If by gravity, you mean severity, or significance, I would suggest you look at one of the measures that is important to construction.... time; specifically the impact the nonconformity had on meeting your construction timetable.

P

Piero

If by gravity, you mean severity, or significance, I would suggest you look at one of the measures that is important to construction.... time; specifically the impact the nonconformity had on meeting your construction timetable.
that's my english! I mean severity! We are not able to track time for each NCR, we could just say whether it affects or not.

J

joseaguilar

Well, I think that is fair that you are trying to measure the severity of the NC. I think that maybe you should investigate where does the NC takes place, I mean, if your company has a PFMEA and the NC appear in a critical process or procedure, you might take this NC with high severity.

Top Bottom