Medical Device Directive - Seeking common nonconformance write up scenarios

As a new auditor for a NB, I have survived my first 6 months of ISO13485 and 9001 independent audits so far. I have a good background working with a variety of products but a very limited background in auditing. Now I'm being directed to learn the MDD and to take an assessor exam on it in order to conduct CE Mark assessments. I've been hinted to that the exam has a written portion that gives CE Mark assessment scenarios in which I would have to write out how I would handle the scenarios. I can handle fill in the blank type of test but due to my limited time as an assessor I am seeking any common CE Mark auditing scenarios, I can get from any experienced and versed auditors out there. Specifically explaining if the scenarios resulted in a major or a minor and what it was written up against to help me get a better understanding for skills verses memorizing guidelines. Or if anyone knows of any MDD test your knowledge type of resources (example: practice questions) please share. Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
This sound like a strange practice on the NB's part. I would have expected them to team you up with some senior/seasoned MDD auditor for a while, where you'd have had a chance to experience such scenarios first hand. Sort of an apprenticeship, where you initially just observe, then you get to do simple chores, them more and more complicated ones, until you're ready to go on you own. Only then I would have expected formal testing and certification.
Maybe they're hurrying things up because the MDD will be obsolete soon...?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T New to WEEE Directive - Selling a medical device directly to a professional end-user RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
G How do Medical Device Standards vs Directive vs Regulation technically vary? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 7
E Status of proposed changes to Medical Device Directive EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R Does oral irrigator fall within the scope of Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC? EU Medical Device Regulations 11
E Medical Device Directive 93/42/EEC definitions help EU Medical Device Regulations 3
E Amendment to Medical Device Directive (MDR) - December 2013 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
P Proposed Changes to the Medical Device Directive (and IVDD) EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B Question for CE Marking of Medical Device (Directive 93/42/EEC) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Proposed EU MDD (Medical Device Directive) Revision(s) - 2012 - 2013 EU Medical Device Regulations 16
W Class I Medical Device Requirements - Annex VII of the Medical Devices Directive EU Medical Device Regulations 6
D MDD (Medical Device Directive) 6.1 Record Retention Requirements question Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
G What are the 8 requirements of Annex 1; the Medical Device Directive? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L MDD (Medical Device Directive) Compliance Review checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 9
G IVD (In Vitro Diagnostic) MDD (Medical Device Directive) Borderline Issues EU Medical Device Regulations 3
T MDD (Medical Device Directive) and ISO 13485 and a lot of Questions EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M MDD (Medical Device Directive) Online Training Recommendations and Suggestions EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Declaration of Conformity - MDD (Medical Device Directive) 2007/47/EC or 93/42/ECC CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 9
ScottK MDD (Medical Device Directive) and Secondary Packaging EU Medical Device Regulations 3
E Does MDD (Medical Device Directive) Require a CAPA Procedure? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B What MDD (Medical Device Directive) Annex to follow for Class I device? EU Medical Device Regulations 14
D Requirement of "State Of The Art" in MDD (Medical Device Directive) EU Medical Device Regulations 42
E MDD 2007/47/EEC - Medical Device Directive Labeling Changes EU Medical Device Regulations 44
J Medical Device Directive (MDD) 2007/47/EC and 2006/42/EC EHSR checklist EU Medical Device Regulations 7
I Medical Device Directive, Conversion from class IIb to class III EU Medical Device Regulations 4
T Definition Variant - Definition within Medical Device Directive Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
W MDD (Medical Device Directive) Essential Requirements Checklist ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
E MDD (Medical Device Directive) Update? The copy I have is 14 June 1993 (93/42/EEC) Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 13
W Medical Device Manufacturer REQUIREMENT is compliance with Directive 93/42/EEC ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
C Comparison between ISO13485 and 93/42/EEC Medical Device Directive ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S MDD (European Medical Device Directive) requires subset of ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
chris1price The status of the 2005 ammendments to the MDD (Medical Device Directive)? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
I Medical device (sonic scaler): experience with 84/539/EEC Directive ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
A Proposed Revision to the Medical Device Directive Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Q Medical Device Directive - Anyone know of any good MDD training courses Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 11
D Medical Device Directive manufacturer - Wanting to outsource some proceses ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 27
D Getting Started - ISO13485:2003 and MDD (Medical Device Directive) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
B Medical Device Directive 93/42 EEC - Clinical Trials - Because the auditor says so? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
Marc CE Mark Myths - The Medical Device Directive's Seven Major Myths EU Medical Device Regulations 8
shimonv Classification of a cloud- base viewer for the output from a medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
A FDA guidance on non-sterile Medical Device Packaging Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
A Medical device Mode Of Action CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
P Best Global Option to become an OBL/PLM/Virtual medical device brand in 2020 Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
rob73 UK Medical Device Regulations Forum - UK MDR Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 1
S Philippines CMDL (Certificate of Medical Device Listing) Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 0
J 21 CFR 821 Medical Device Tracking Requirement 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Iraq Medical Device registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R Medical Device Software Certification IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
D Class IIB Medical Device Accessories - OTS Tablets Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
F Change to Formulation due to Reach (China Medical Device Regulations) China Medical Device Regulations 0