Medical Device Distribution in the UK

JoCam

Trusted Information Resource
Hi All,

Does a company set up to distribute medical devices across the UK that they do not themselves manufacture need to register with the MHRA?

Jo

chris1price

As of today, I am not aware of any such requirement with regard to medical devices. If they act as a distributor, there will be requirements under the MDR.

If they distribute pharmaceuticals, then there are requirements.

JoCam

Thank you chris1price,

Do you know if the company has to register anywhere as a distributor if they wish to sell medical devices?

Jo

chris1price

Each country may have specific requirements, I think you'll have to look at it on a country-by-country basis.

jham65

Registered
Does anyone know if UK MHRA will be delaying its transition requirement for Class I devices due to MDR delay? I am receiving guidance that May 26, 2020 is still the MHRA deadline.

chris1price

At the time of writing, there is no MDR delay. The MDR will probably be postponed, but it hasn't happened yet.

dgrainger

Does anyone know if UK MHRA will be delaying its transition requirement for Class I devices due to MDR delay? I am receiving guidance that May 26, 2020 is still the MHRA deadline.

The UK should implement any postponement as required by the withdrawal agreement.

Top Bottom