SBS - The best value in QMS software

Medical Device Internal Test Certificate Example

Q

QACen

Hello,

We manufacture medical devices and a customer is requesting for documentation of the results of our internal testing prior to shipment. I assume that this would be a test certificate or test confirmation type of document. Can anyone share a template?

Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
What do you use in-house to document in-house testing such as final acceptance testing?

Q

QACen

Yes. I know I can use information from those documents to summarize for the customer. I was just curious to understand what experienced folks in the industry do for the customer. What goes in that document? What are some things that should be listed? The customer was not specific.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration with a Mask on...
Staff member
Admin
I'm not aware of any specific document, but then again - Every company and every product would be different. If you do final acceptance testing I would think that a copy of that report would be sufficient.

You will find a lot of folks here in posts like this will also say you should ask your customer directly specifically what they want. Their generically asking for something like "...documentation of the results of your internal testing prior to shipment..." would be to me final acceptance testing. Ask them if that is what they want, and if they're "not sure" or something like that, offer them a copy of your final acceptance test report(s).

P

Pelau

Actually, they want a certificate of conformance - with the proof with the measurements and the method of testing. Concurs with other comments

S

SteveK

Attached is the type of template I use for our customers, when requested. It shows an example of a particular standard (in addition to QMS references) the item complies with and was tested to, as per details in the Technical File.

This format has been accepted over many years in our case thus far.

Hopefully this helps.

Steve

Attachments

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm curious why such a cert would be necessary. As a medical device, it's in a regulated industry and the regulations require that the production be performed in a manner that (reasonably) ensures the product made will comply with its specifications.

I guess if it makes the sale, it's worth it but would customer education be possible?

P

Pelau

In addition to the cert...the proof of the actual specifications were achieved and the inspection or tests carried out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Need Outsourced ISO 13485/FDA Internal Auditor for a Medical Device Company Internal Auditing 3
M Use of an Internal Powerstrip in a Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N Internal Audit Process for small Medical Device company Internal Auditing 9
H Internal Auditing Frequency Requirements in a Medical Device Company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
S Internal Files for Medical Device Ultrasound System Licence Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
V Biocompatibility of Medical Device Internal Parts Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
M Medical device certificate in Australia - ARTG certificate Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
Q Software as a medical device vs software not sold as medical device: local regulations for sale? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
H Medical device Product Registration Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
A Can a power Supply be an accessory to a medical device, if it is an 'off-the-shelf' product. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
A Medical device labelling Date of manufacture US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
W Non Sterile Medical Device Environmental Tests Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A Clinical assessment sample size - Medical device Class IIb implantable (93/42 directive) EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K 25-year lifetime of medical device - document storage period EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K Relabeling an existing medical device in the field? Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
J Should a Class 1 medical device with an option to measure body weight be considered Class 1m? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
A Reliable sources for following EU medical device regulatory EU Medical Device Regulations 0
T IVDR Medical device software CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 8
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Requirements as a Distributor for Incoming Inspection of Purchased Finished Medical Device Medical Device Related Regulations 0
S Microwave medical waste disinfectant - A medical device or not? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
S Registration of Medical Device in Hong Kong - labeling requirements Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
V Software as medical device (SaMD) replicated for multiple clients through APIs IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
M Is the output of a device a Medical Device? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
P Do we need to retrospectively use the "MD" symbol (indicating device is a medical device) on labels, e.g. finished devices within expiration date? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Medical device registration in Iran Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
H EU CE marking for Medical Device Class I EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A Medical Device Contract Manufacturer - Does the CM need to register with FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
JoCam Certified QMS for MDR - Class I medical device manufacturers EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Compatibility studies - Medicinal Product and Medical Device Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 0
K CE Marking Class 1 (Non sterile) medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
J Medical Device Regulations in Lebanon? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
J Calibration cycle for monitoring & measuring tools used in medical device manufacturing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Medical Device MRI Compatibility EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A ISO 13485 for Class 1 Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
R Components to a finished medical device, MDR requirements Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
J Warnings/Cautions in Medical Device IFU Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
L Medical device HIPAA compliance in encryption Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
M V&V phase: Justification of acceptance criteria (statistical method ) - (Medical Device) Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
E Medical Device - CE marking - Local market notifications EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Medical Device Registration in Qatar Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Medical device substance based-leachables Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
P Anyone have an Idea on UAE Medical device registeration- Class B with FDA only Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
F Mobile app regulations - Class II medical device 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
M What are the basics of Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP)? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
U Medical Device CE Marking - Using a disposable bearing CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
L Medical Device Registration in Macau Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
A Medical Device Registration in the Dominican Republic Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
Aymaneh Medical Device Cybersecurity Risk Management IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 2
T B2C Medical Device Shipping across the US Other Medical Device Related Standards 0