Medical Device Internal Test Certificate Example

Q

QACen

Hello,

We manufacture medical devices and a customer is requesting for documentation of the results of our internal testing prior to shipment. I assume that this would be a test certificate or test confirmation type of document. Can anyone share a template?

Thanks!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
What do you use in-house to document in-house testing such as final acceptance testing?

Q

QACen

Yes. I know I can use information from those documents to summarize for the customer. I was just curious to understand what experienced folks in the industry do for the customer. What goes in that document? What are some things that should be listed? The customer was not specific.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Admin
I'm not aware of any specific document, but then again - Every company and every product would be different. If you do final acceptance testing I would think that a copy of that report would be sufficient.

You will find a lot of folks here in posts like this will also say you should ask your customer directly specifically what they want. Their generically asking for something like "...documentation of the results of your internal testing prior to shipment..." would be to me final acceptance testing. Ask them if that is what they want, and if they're "not sure" or something like that, offer them a copy of your final acceptance test report(s).

P

Pelau

Actually, they want a certificate of conformance - with the proof with the measurements and the method of testing. Concurs with other comments

S

SteveK

Attached is the type of template I use for our customers, when requested. It shows an example of a particular standard (in addition to QMS references) the item complies with and was tested to, as per details in the Technical File.

This format has been accepted over many years in our case thus far.

Hopefully this helps.

Steve

Attachments

yodon

Leader
Super Moderator
I'm curious why such a cert would be necessary. As a medical device, it's in a regulated industry and the regulations require that the production be performed in a manner that (reasonably) ensures the product made will comply with its specifications.

I guess if it makes the sale, it's worth it but would customer education be possible?

P

Pelau

In addition to the cert...the proof of the actual specifications were achieved and the inspection or tests carried out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Need Outsourced ISO 13485/FDA Internal Auditor for a Medical Device Company Internal Auditing 3
M Use of an Internal Powerstrip in a Medical Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
N Internal Audit Process for small Medical Device company Internal Auditing 9
H Internal Auditing Frequency Requirements in a Medical Device Company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
S Internal Files for Medical Device Ultrasound System Licence Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
V Biocompatibility of Medical Device Internal Parts Other US Medical Device Regulations 9
somashekar Medical device file Vs Role undertaken by the organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Medical Device Label - Language EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D MDR: Active medical device or not? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
H Mapping QMS+business processes in a medical device with class I and IIa+b Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 0
Aliken Registration veterinary medical device (laser) requirements Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Classification Accessory Software medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J CGMP Medical device slide deck Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Notification Requirements for Medical Device Raw Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Madagascar medical device regulation Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R Steam sterilizer medical device reclassification EU Medical Device Regulations 3
G Software Medical Device Classification EU Medical Device Regulations 7
J Robotic arm with a camera, active medical device? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
D Out of specification procedure for Medical device manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
K Medical Device Shipping Container Label Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S Is Amalgam Separator considered a Medical Device in US and EU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K New to Medical Device QMS and would like advice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Medical device label storage conditions EU Medical Device Regulations 11
W Regulation of medical device in Hong Kong Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Inspiring leaders in the medical device industry ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A Layered Process Audits for Medical Device Manufacturing? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Transferring medical data from a device (Sec 201(h)): regulatory implications US Medical Device Regulations 3
R Is "SAFE" permitted in class 1 medical device marketing claims? US Medical Device Regulations 1
T Determining FIPS 140-2 compliance in a medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
I Importing medical device into Canada for exclusive distribution in the U.S. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Camera / microphone with wifi connection on a medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
A QMS inside a Non medical device firm ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J Medical Device Component Change - Testing, Sampling Criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
A Labeling Requirements for Medical Device Travel Case US Medical Device Regulations 8
Judy Abbott Guideline as for devices utilizing plants and their derivatives in medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
B Registration of a CE-marked medical device in Japan -Will they accept conformity with GSPRs? Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
B Software as a Medical Device - Language Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 6
C Medical Device registration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
B Software as a NON-medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 22
M Can you import medical device not FDA approved into the USA under an IND application? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A Algorithm As a Medical Device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
A Medical Device Software POC Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
T Medical Device Registration in Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Y Brazilian lab requirement for medical device manufacture Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Medical Device - fixture qualification and MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
H Medical Device Labelling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D One Software as Medical Device product or two? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R How to find the proper the fieids of IVD distributers and develop the medical device markets in Thailand? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Regulatory Aspect of Embedding 4G/5G communication technologies into medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M FDA Medical device reporting (Manufacturer in US; contract manufacturer OuS) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0