Medical device repairs (to upholstery)

James

Involved In Discussions
Hi

Just wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of some relevant information or standards. I'm looking for best practices in relation to reupholstering medical devices; specifically examination couches. We have an engineering and upholstery unit capable of undertaking such work, and the recovered items are for use solely by our patients / in our institution in the UK; I'm just not sure of the precise regulatory position.

I cant seem to find any specific clinical upholstery standards by ISO / BSI etc

Thanks

James

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Short of trawling the ISO website, I'd ask your customer what standards they would like/mandate you to adhere to - in my industry standards are customer driven so they won't purchase from you unless you meet them.

James

Involved In Discussions
Short of trawling the ISO website, I'd ask your customer what standards they would like/mandate you to adhere to - in my industry standards are customer driven so they won't purchase from you unless you meet them.
Thanks.. The slight problem is that we are the customer! We are an NHS institution in the UK. We make stuff for patients, and I'm also thinking that we could extend our manufacturing departments remit to include basic repairs to upholstery within our Trust. We would manage this through our 13485 system, but I cant find expected standards for upholstery of plinths and couches, etc..

James

Involved In Discussions
Was there an original specification when new?
Hi Ed - no, we dont make the plinths; we dont have product specifications just product manuals, which dont give instruction for re-upholstery.

Manufacturers aren't being very helpful in terms of what standards they would expect with re-upholstery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Medical Device Repairs and ISO 13485 Scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
G ISO13485:2016 Cl. 7.5.1 - Production and Service Provision - Medical Device Repairs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Regression for MTBF (Medical Device: Repairs vs Install Base) with Reliability Data Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 16
M Requirements on how long you have to keep Spare Parts for Medical Device Repairs ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
somashekar Medical device file Vs Role undertaken by the organization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Medical Device Label - Language EU Medical Device Regulations 2
D MDR: Active medical device or not? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
H Mapping QMS+business processes in a medical device with class I and IIa+b Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 0
Aliken Registration veterinary medical device (laser) requirements Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
T Classification Accessory Software medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
J CGMP Medical device slide deck Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
M Notification Requirements for Medical Device Raw Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
I Madagascar medical device regulation Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
R Steam sterilizer medical device reclassification EU Medical Device Regulations 3
G Software Medical Device Classification EU Medical Device Regulations 7
J Robotic arm with a camera, active medical device? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
D Out of specification procedure for Medical device manufacturing Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
K Medical Device Shipping Container Label Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
S Is Amalgam Separator considered a Medical Device in US and EU? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
K New to Medical Device QMS and would like advice ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
C Medical device label storage conditions EU Medical Device Regulations 11
W Regulation of medical device in Hong Kong Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Inspiring leaders in the medical device industry ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
A Layered Process Audits for Medical Device Manufacturing? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
P Transferring medical data from a device (Sec 201(h)): regulatory implications US Medical Device Regulations 3
R Is "SAFE" permitted in class 1 medical device marketing claims? US Medical Device Regulations 1
T Determining FIPS 140-2 compliance in a medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
I Importing medical device into Canada for exclusive distribution in the U.S. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Camera / microphone with wifi connection on a medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
A QMS inside a Non medical device firm ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
J Medical Device Component Change - Testing, Sampling Criteria ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
A Labeling Requirements for Medical Device Travel Case US Medical Device Regulations 8
Judy Abbott Guideline as for devices utilizing plants and their derivatives in medical device US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
B Registration of a CE-marked medical device in Japan -Will they accept conformity with GSPRs? Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
B Software as a Medical Device - Language Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 6
C Medical Device registration CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
B Software as a NON-medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 22
M Can you import medical device not FDA approved into the USA under an IND application? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
A Algorithm As a Medical Device IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
A Medical Device Software POC Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
T Medical Device Registration in Saudi Arabia Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
Y Brazilian lab requirement for medical device manufacture Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
W Medical Device - fixture qualification and MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
H Medical Device Labelling ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D One Software as Medical Device product or two? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R How to find the proper the fieids of IVD distributers and develop the medical device markets in Thailand? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
K Regulatory Aspect of Embedding 4G/5G communication technologies into medical device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M FDA Medical device reporting (Manufacturer in US; contract manufacturer OuS) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
G Medical Device Auditor (CMDA) certification exam by ASQ - looking for input Career and Occupation Discussions 3
B Documenting Medical Device Complaints after End of Life? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0