Medical Devices Company QMS Software - Recommendation for an off the shelf software

D

Dylansnow

Can I get a reccomendation for an off the shelf software system to managed a QMS in a Medical Devices environment.

I have used Objective and Q Pulse.

Whats popular now and is good for reporting - SPC, graphs, regulatory compliance etc.

Regards

Dylan

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Miner

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Re: Medical Devices Company QMS Software - Recommendation for an off the shelf softwa

I moved your post to the Medical Devices QMS forum for more relevant responses.

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Medical Devices Company QMS Software - Recommendation for an off the shelf softwa

Hi Dylan!
Which part of the QMS do you consider to support with SW?
It is a broad topic I believe ...
Regards
Sz.

D

Dylansnow

Hi Dylan!
Which part of the QMS do you consider to support with SW?
It is a broad topic I believe ...
Regards
Sz.
Both Objective and Q Pulse have they havethe ability to comply with the requirements of a QMS to ISO 13485 allowing also compliance to regulatory requirements eg FDA.

I am just trying to find out what else is popular in the market currently as both of these SW packages have good and bad points.

Dylan Snow

sagai

I do not think there is a sw to support full compliance with 13485 and/or cGMP for everything in these, or something I am absolutely misunderstood.
Regards

bio_subbu

Super Moderator

Both Objective and Q Pulse have they havethe ability to comply with the requirements of a QMS to ISO 13485 allowing also compliance to regulatory requirements eg FDA.

I am just trying to find out what else is popular in the market currently as both of these SW packages have good and bad points.

Dylan Snow
Check with MasterControl Integrated Quality Management Suite consists of configurable and connected applications for automating, streamlining, and effectively managing Document Control, Change Control, Training Control, Audits, CAPA, Customer Complaints, Deviations, Electronic Batch Records and other documents- and forms-based quality and business processes under a single Web-based platform. Also MasterControl to facilitate compliance with FDA regulations (e.g., 21 CFR Parts 11, 210-211, 820, 606), ISO quality standards (e.g., ISO 9000, ISO 13485, ISO 14000, ISO/TS16949).

sagai

Change Control :magic:

I would really interested how it handles design change control for SW medical device :bonk:

:cool:
Sz.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit

Change Control :magic:

I would really interested how it handles design change control for SW medical device :bonk:

:cool:
Sz.
Are you looking for a technical description or just an opinion whether it does a good job or a poor job?

If you want a technical description, the surest way is to contact the manufacturer and simply ask. Odds are you will get a demo of that feature or module which will help you make a decision.

:topic:Note:
I have never recommended ANY software by name in a public forum simply because most specialized software like that under discussion has a variety of vendors and manufacturers which target different sizes of industries and come in a spread of prices, some beyond the reach of any but the largest organizations. Worse, tomorrow may see a new product on the market which makes any recommendation today obsolete by comparison. (I'm basically a lazy guy with a big ego - I don't want old posts laying around for years with obsolete recommendations, but I'm too lazy to go back through thousands of posts to update or delete them - hence general recommendations on how to decide on what's best for a particular situation.) I covered that topic a number of times over the years - here's one of my more recent posts:
Document Control Software Program with Revision Tracking Recommendations

sagai

My intention was to warn the kind original poster's attention that "off the shelf software system to managed a QMS in a Medical Devices environment" is such a wide area which shall be shrank in order to get any advice.
And Documentation management sw (which is definitely a common equation with it) only a subset of it.
I also feel a "have a software and templates problem solved", but it is rarely my impression.
Regards
Sz.

Q

QualityMan45

I would say stay away from Master Control. We spent almost 300k and it was the worst waste of money ever. I have been looking at Sparta, ETQ, and Nexdocs and they all seem to be pretty good options. Master Control is all lip service.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Does company who manufacture but does not design or carry out clinical trials is responsible for CE marking for single use medical devices? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Series A ready company - Term for medical devices companies? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
JoCam Acquired Medical Devices - Company A buys the entire rights EU Medical Device Regulations 4
A SOP for Marketing Process for a Medical Devices Manufacturing Company wanted ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
B Changing Company Ownership of Medical Devices 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
T One Man Medical Devices Company implementing 21 CFR Part 820 in order to sell to US 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K How to start a Design History File (DHF) for Medical devices Company 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
P German Safety Officer for Medical Devices for a UK based Company? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
C Document Controls - Input and Ideas - Small medical devices company 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 15
K BioHazard Cleaning of Returned Devices - Small Medical Device company - Need Ideas ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
A Sales in Europe of CE marked Medical devices with sister company EU Medical Device Regulations 11
H Exempt from FDA Registration or not? Company that makes parts for medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
J In-house (NHS) manufacture and use (by staff) of non-medical devices.. any regulations apply? UK Medical Device Regulations 6
dgrainger Informational EC - Medical devices – online manuals replacing paper instructions - Feedback period: 27 April 2021 - 25 May 2021 EU Medical Device Regulations 0
R "Medical devices" required in scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R X-RAY Based Diagnostic Veterinary medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
B Does FDA Registration QSR need to cover non-medical devices for contract repackager? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Brexit Mandate for EU Authorised Representative for non medical devices CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
A Applicability of Photobiological Safety Evaluation for LED used in medical devices Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
T Google Fit Health datas and Medical devices Application Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
B Procedure packs with non-medical devices EU Medical Device Regulations 1
ebrahim QMS as per ISO 13485, Clause 4.2 Requirements for regulatory purposes for Medical Devices Authorized Representatives. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Customer Approval (Medical Devices) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
D Electrical Medical Devices class I EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Are complaints applicable to development of medical devices? Customer Complaints 2
P Do we need to retrospectively use the "MD" symbol (indicating device is a medical device) on labels, e.g. finished devices within expiration date? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Brian Benzarti Medical Devices CLP Regulation Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
dgrainger Informational Medicines and Medical Devices Act 2021 UK Medical Device Regulations 0
A Sampling plan for in-process QC (medical devices) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
B Free Sales Certificate for Non Medical Devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
K Usability for custom made medical devices IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 5
dgrainger Informational MHRA - Regulating medical devices in the UK - Post Brexit - 2021-02 UK Medical Device Regulations 0
M Europe GMP medical devices - Combination products - Ancillary medicinal substance CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
L Shelf life of medical devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M Medical Devices - Ancillary - ISO 10993-17 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
S How is the service life for class I reusable medical devices described in MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 7
S How is the service life described for class I reusable medical devices in MDR? Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
M Brexit The Medical Devices (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2020 UK Medical Device Regulations 1
P New Global HQ Suggestions for Virtual manufacturing/own brand labelling of medical devices? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
N Chemical Testing on Medical Devices - Solutions in a container closure system (bag) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M Is IEC 60601-1-2 required by FDA for all electronic medical devices? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M Subcontracting a repair of Medical Devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 0
S Regrind Material in Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Product Recall - medical devices in the hospital warehouse Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
P Monolithic application and medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
N Medical Devices in oxygen rich environment IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
M Medical Devices Shelf Life ---INDIA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
JoCam Warranty of Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R Obsolesce medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
dgrainger Informational UK - Medicines and Medical Devices Bill 2019-21 UK Medical Device Regulations 0