Meeting and Dining Adventures with fellow 'Elsmar Covers' - It's been a while...

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
We haven't used this forum in about a year.

On the 26th I drove down to meet with Ajit in Asheville, NC for dinner. I had an excellent time. It was worth the drive to meet Ajit.

If any of you are wanting to meet up with other "Covers", don't hesitate to start a thread and post your schedule here in this forum.

BTW - I'm the one who looks like Santa Claus (as if that isn't apparent :notme: ) sans the long white beard (which may come next), in the photo.

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
A few months ago Wes Bucey stopped by my place on his vacation travels. Good time, and actually convince he and his wife to try Thai food.

Wes Bucey

Quite Involved in Discussions
A few months ago Wes Bucey stopped by my place on his vacation travels. Good time, and actually convince he and his wife to try Thai food.
Steve's model train layout (computerized routing) rivals many museums. Steve and his wife asked the Thai restaurant owner to go easy on us newbies. Steve's wife did her own digging of a backyard koi pond with waterfall. In my neighborhood, koi might have a challenge surviving the predations of raccoons and coyotes. (recent census by professionals at Lincoln Park Zoo puts the number of coyotes within Chicago city limits at more than 1,000) In my semi-rural area 40 miles north of Chicago, next to a 1,000 acre forest preserve, I see raccoon and coyote tracks in my yard after rain or snow, so I presume they also come through when it's dry, too. The Des Plaines River in the forest preserve runs less than 150 yards from my back deck, so we also get many deer passing through when the river is high, pushing them farther from the river bank in search of food. The good news is the coyotes are helping keep Canada Geese off our local golf courses by raiding nests and eating eggs and goslings.

That stopover with Steve was part of a 3500 mile road trip my wife and I took (12 states plus Washington, DC.)

W

WKHANNA

Anyone in or visiting the Pittsburgh PA area is welcome to contact me anytime.

Also, if you are planning to be in the area and would like recommendations on restaurants or places of interest, do not hesitate to give me a shout.

Bill

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi friends...
My business trip to USA in Oct, 2011 is taking shape and it is something like this but is not freezed as of now:
12 to 15 Oct in Providence RI
16 to 19 Oct in Waukesha WI
20 Oct in Dallas TX (will be busy with customer but would love to take some time if anyone is near)
21 to 22 Oct in LaPalma CA
More details of hotels and my USA cell number will be shared.
I am looking forward to meet any fellow elsmar covers...

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
It will probably be best if you start a new thread in this forum with your name in the title and post your schedule there. That way you can update the thread when your schedule changes by adding a new post to it, and people can respond in the thread as well.

If each person has their own thread it makes it easier to follow who is going to be where and when.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi Marc.
Thanks for bringing this sub forum to some limelight with your post. As my travel plan gets to better shape, I had planned to open a new thread with more details...

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hi friends...
My business trip to USA in Oct, 2011 is taking shape and it is something like this but is not freezed as of now:
12 to 15 Oct in Providence RI
16 to 19 Oct in Waukesha WI
20 Oct in Dallas TX (will be busy with customer but would love to take some time if anyone is near)
21 to 22 Oct in LaPalma CA
More details of hotels and my USA cell number will be shared.
I am looking forward to meet any fellow elsmar covers...
I am going to miss you this time as I am in Bangalore between 10th Oct-19th Oct

I will be again in April

Howard

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 7
C Does a CE mark infer meeting all applicable standards? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
M Informational EU – Minutes of the 24 July 2019 SCHEER Working Group on safety of breast implants in relation to anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) meeting Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – Meeting minutes – Competent Authorities on Substances of Human Origin Expert Group Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
J Any diverging opinions regarding audit findings or conclusions must be resolved no later than the closing meeting ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Informational EU – 12th Meeting of the Working Group on Guidelines on benefit – risk assessment of Phthalates in Medical Devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational Next meeting of the Medical Device Coordination Group (MDR/IVDR) – 20 June 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Informational 2019 Meeting Materials of the General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
R Major nonformance finding was given during a closing meeting of a ISO9001 certification audit General Auditing Discussions 76
M Informational EU – SCHEER – Minutes of the Working Group meeting on guidelines on the benefit-risk assessment of the presence of phthalates in certain medical devic Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
M Informational RIVM – Summary International Expert Meeting on breast implant-associated lymphoma Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational The USFDA Announces General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee Meeting on March 25-26, 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Medical Device News USFSA – 2019 Meeting Materials of the Obstetrics and Gynecology Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational ISO TC 210 IEC SC 62A JWG 1 Medical device risk management – São Paulo meeting 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
M Medical Device News ISO TC 210 IEC SC 62A JWG 1 Medical device risk management – São Paulo meeting 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D FDA Pre-Submission Meeting Advice US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Informational ISO TC 210 JWG 1 meeting in São Paulo – Revision of ISO 14971 and ISO TR 24971 – Medical Device Risk Management Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News FDA announces panel meeting on surgical mesh placed transvaginally to treat pelvic organ prolapse Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L 510 (K) Pre-Sub meeting - Does it worth? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
Q ISO planning annual meeting? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T FDA Q-Submission Informational Meeting 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
Marc IAQG Cleveland, Ohio Meeting - October 16-19, 2017 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
K Meeting the requirements of ISO 13485:2016 Cl. 4.1.4 within a wiki-based QMS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B IATF 16949 Cl. 4.3.2 - Meeting Customer Specific Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
Z MRM (Management Review Meeting) Template for ISO 9001:2015 Management Review Meetings and related Processes 3
S Corporate Quality Manager keeping me out of the Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 28
F Development Meeting with the FDA - Approval Pathway for a Combination Product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
M ISO 14971:2007 Revision Approved - The Delft ISO TC 210 plenary meeting - Nov 2016 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
L Auditing Top Management - Meeting Competency Requirements and Questions to Ask General Auditing Discussions 11
J Organizational Knowledge Requirements - Meeting ISO 9001:2015 Clause 7.1.6 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 60
D What should be included in Management Review Meeting for ISO 9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Q REACH due dilligence and meeting the ever moving SVHC target RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
N Incompleted tasks from previous management review meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 1
B Meeting the requirements of ISO/TS16949 Clause 6.2.2.3 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
L CB finding on Management Review Meeting Management Review Meetings and related Processes 32
I Meeting AS9100, FAA, Transport Canada, EASA Training Requirements - Vent/Rant Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
J Meeting Feasibility Requirement - High number of part quotes IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Presentation Material for New Project Kick Off Meeting Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
D Documenting Meetings through Meeting Minutes or a Form ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Consult "GM APQP" Step1: Key Stakeholders Meeting - GM 1927-18 APQP and PPAP 5
T Question re: Meeting the Requirements of ISO 9001 Clause 7 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
D Management Review Meeting Agenda and Minutes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Hershal IAS Public Accreditation Committee Meeting Feb 10, 2014 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
R Aerospace QPL Suppliers not meeting our AVL requirements. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
D Integrated 9001, 14001, 18001 Management Review Meeting and Minutes Management Review Meetings and related Processes 10
I Content to be included or excluded in Design Control Meeting Minutes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
drgnrider Corrective Action for not meeting target-RCA obvious ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Q Meeting the Requirement of Clause 7.5.2 on Validating Special Processes AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
Marc Definition PIM - Pre Inspection Meeting Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0