Please disable your adblock and script blockers to view this page
Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Meeting and Dining Adventures with fellow 'Elsmar Covers' - It's been a while...

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Today GST was right on time...you can post your pic, Gidget. Mine has too much 'finger' over the lens to be much use!

Well, I tried several times last night to post my pic, but kept getting error messages that prevented it. :( I'll try again tonight.

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
Often, it is picture SIZE (how many meg or pixels size) found to be the culprit in posting photos.
The pics I have were taken on my iPhone 3Gs, which has a 3 MP camera. I wouldn't have thought any of the pics were too big. I've had trouble uploading pics here before, though.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
The pics I have were taken on my iPhone 3Gs, which has a 3 MP camera. I wouldn't have thought any of the pics were too big. I've had trouble uploading pics here before, though.
When a picture upload fails, you will get an error message. What is the error message that you get?

GStough

Staff member
Super Moderator
This is what it says.....

The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Jim Wynne

Super Moderator

The connection was reset

moments.
connection.
A few things to try: Clear the browser cache. In Firefox it's Tools-->Clear Recent History. Make sure "Cache" is checked. Uncheck "Cookies" if you don't want them cleared. You can also try the upload in IE, and if it works you can be pretty sure it's a Firefox issue. If it doesn't work, there's a problem with your Internet connection, your firewall or anti-virus software, or your modem/router.

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin

The connection was reset

moments.
connection.
What kind of connection do you have? Cable? ADSL? That error indicates a network problem (as opposed to a server software problem).

Since this is not "typical" (few complaints) my bet is it's a local ISP connection issue or your firewall or anti-virus software, or your modem/router as Jim says.

Top Bottom