Meeting requirements of Cl 5.4.1, ISO9001: 2008 (Quality Objectives)

Q

qltyperson1

What would be a good method to comply with req 5.4.1 and write the contents in our Quality Manual which is structured around the ISO 9001 2008 std? Should both corporate and process objectives be listed? can a sample of how is being done in the field with regards to this doc be provided as guideline?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Meeting requirement 5.4.1 9001 2008

What would be a good method to comply with req 5.4.1 and write the contents in our Quality Manual which is structured around the ISO 9001 2008 std? Should both corporate and process objectives be listed? can a sample of how is being done in the field with regards to this doc be provided as guideline?

I do not put our quality objectives in our quality manual, I refer to where they are though. I don't put anything in the quality manual that I will probably review and change with any sort of frequency, but that is my preference. Do what works best for your company, that's the beauty of the standard, it doesn't tell you how to do things, only that certain things must be done.:2cents:

Q

qltyperson1

Thanks. Do you include corporate and product objectives? and where are they referenced can it be in any doc selected?

DannyK

You can create a quality objectives document that you can reference in clause 5.4.1 of the manual or you can refer to the management review minutes.

B

brahmaiah

Process objectives should be mentioned along with Quality Policy in seperate paragraph titled 'Quality Objectives'.Corporate objectives may be reflected in the 'Business Plan'.
V.J.Brahmaiah

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Process objectives should be mentioned along with Quality Policy in seperate paragraph titled 'Quality Objectives'.Corporate objectives may be reflected in the 'Business Plan'.
V.J.Brahmaiah

Or whatever document you feel is suitable. There is no requirement for a separate paragraph titled quality objectives, or corporate objectives to be reflected in the business plan. These could be one method of documentation, but are certainly not the only one.

As stated in my first post, we refer to a document entitled quality objectives. it is a separate document, it can be revised at any time we choose to add or alter an objective. We don't document corporate objectives, per se, other than our quality objectives do follow the corporate mission/vision. Each division is pretty much autonomous.

Q

qltyperson1

Thanks SteelMaiden:
Is it advisable to include all the objectives in this document? an earlier post stated that the Management Review could be referenced for the objectives, is this another method to relate the objectives?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Thanks SteelMaiden:
Is it advisable to include all the objectives in this document? an earlier post stated that the Management Review could be referenced for the objectives, is this another method to relate the objectives?

Not knowing how your company operates, I would find it difficult to say where is the best place to put your objectives. If your management review record is somewhere that every employee can access it to see what the objectives are, then it might work for you. My suggestion is this: Put the objectives somewhere that anyone can find them easily so that they can see how they, their area, their dept. is living up to the goals set. (in my case, it is a document similar to a work instruction, published on our intranet.)

Top Bottom