Mention "according to Work Instruction" in Control Plan

M

mcammaert

Dear Colleagues,

I have a question for which i did not find an answer yet.
Is it allowed to mention "according to work instruction" as a requirement in your Control Plan?
I encountered this issue because for some process steps in a control plan for a family of parts, a lot of different requirements are possible for the different parts. If we include all these requirements in the control plan, it will get very extensive and not very clear anymore. That's why maybe it's easier to mention "according to work instruction" but I am not sure if this is generally allowed.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards!

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Yes, referencing is acceptable to be used in documentation.

Two points to be noted:

1. Mention "according to work instruction, Doc no. ###)
2. Provide a mechanism to ensure that the higher level documents like Control Plans are revisited when documents get revised.

Ron Rompen

Trusted Information Resource
I must disagree (in some respects) with Ajit. Although I do agree that it is permissible to use the phrase 'according to Work Instruction', I would not reference the document number. If you are using the control plan for a family of parts (as I do) then you would end up with a huge list of document numbers.
To get around that, I use the phrase 'according to part-specific Work Instruction'. This has satisfied audits by several Tier 1 and OEM customers over the years.

Top Bottom