Message Posting Problems

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
From my earlier post:
-------------------------
There is one user setting I don't understand fully. If you go to your UserCP you will see User Options. There you will see:

"Browse board with cookies?
Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you)."

You might try setting this to Yes and see what happens (if nothing, then switch it back to No). If it's currently set to No, then switch it to Yes and try it. Other than that, I don't see any setting here that would/should cause what we're seeing occur.
-------------------------

So - you're now set to No, is that correct? And the problem is gone?

E

energy

Makes no difference here

With or without my cookies:biglaugh: there is no difference in the posting scenarios as previously posted. I'm only doing this to help out. To me, personally,much ado about nothing. I know you are trying to determine the exact cause. May not be achievable. Remember " commensurate with the risks encountered".:smokin:

CarolX

Trusted Information Resource
FYI

I will say this: I have seen several times lately that I post and I wait and wait and nothing happens. I navigate back to the post and the message has been posted.

Marc,

I had this same problem yesterday. Not a biggy to me, usually have no troubles...just wanted to pass it on.

Regards,
CarolX

E Wall

Just Me!
Cookies with Choc Chips!

Okay, have my computer back, loaner is gone and sure as ship's-ahoy I got the same old error message from the first post. Tried your cookie swapping idea Marc...and this is the test message.

I'll edit it quickly to add the results below:

vBulletin Message
No thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster

Guess no dice for me....maybe I have to restart computer?

E Wall

Just Me!
Clicking my heels three times....
1 There's no place like the Cove...
2 There's no place like the Cove...
3 There's no place like the Cove...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Still no change. Oh well, Like Energy...no sweat, just extra clicks

E

energy

Back Button

E.Wall,

Just hit the Back Button, Submit Reply, Back Button, Submit Reply. Today, I only had to do it once and I was In. Please try that. No need to shutdown. Like chipping away at the Fire wall. Let me know how it goes. Works for me!:confused: :smokin:

never mind, I see that you already do that. Duh!:eek: :smokin:

F

Fire Girl

Hey!

If I do the back button and than hit submit again, it works. I usually only have to do it once, but sometimes 3 times.

Thanks guys!

Fire Girl:bigwave:

A

Al Dyer

Just and obsevation,

The above listed problems also occur on a couple of other boards I frequent, not just a Cayman sight.

Somestimes I can back out, sometimes I need to refresh, and sometimes I heed to click on the forum home page. Refresh seems to work best for my pc.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I wish I had an answer - but I can't figure anything out. I have posted from my peecee here and can't reproduce it and on my Mac it only happened that one time. energy even got his IS person to look into it and came up empty handed. I do think it has to do with being behind a IIS server and firewall or something.

I'll revisit the vBulletin forums and see if anyone else has posted any complaints about this problem. I'll post a link to it if I find anything and I'll explain here. That's IF I find anything. I looked into this there when this thread started and there were no other complaints. It's pretty popular software and I've seen boards running it that had 200 and 300 people online at one time (obviously their server is a lot bigger and faster than mine...) but then again.

I revisited their forums and again found nothing. If you want to follow the thread I started there some time ago, it's at:

http://www.vBulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?postid=181472

Top Bottom