METCAL Software (from Fluke) used only to get the Electrical Calibration Data?

H

hugom

Hello,

My lab is using the METCAL software from Fluke for electrical calibrations.

During the last audit of my lab, the auditor referred that we needed to have registered all the measurement data and not only the average for each calibration point.
But I don´t know where to get it from METCAL. It only provides me the average of the measurements.
The auditor told me also that METCAL does not calculate uncertainties according to european regulations (my lab is located in Portugal).

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem ? According to the auditor, the labs here in Portugal use METCAL to get the data and another software to calculate uncertainties.

Best Regards,
Hugo

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

Sofia Cal

Hi Hugo,

some years ago I was working in a lab (in Greece) that was using METCAL.
I do not remember if there is a way to extract every single data instead of the average. Maybe (it depends on the measurement you are performing) you have to repeat a sinlge measurement a lot of times and record each value.
Regarding the measurement uncertainty, your auditor is correct. METCAL has another way of calculating uncertainties.
I think that the most simple thing to do (if you are performing easy calibrations like multimeters, resistors etc) is to make your own uncertainty budget. At least this is what I always do, since I am not to familiar with any uncertainty software. I prefer to keep everything in my mind.

Hope this helps

Sofia

H

hugom

Thank you Sofia for the information

But when you say that you have to make yourself the uncertainty budget, do you mean that you have to create a excel file for each different multimeter you receive for calibration ?

Hugo

S

Sofia Cal

Actually, Hugo, you don't need to have an excel file for each DMM.
You can have one excel file for each type of DMM (according to the resolution) like for 3 1/2digits, 4 1/2 etc. That's what we used to do.
If you want more details about uncertainty calculation you can check at www.european-accreditation.org

If you need anything else, just say....

Sofia

J

jfgunn

As a Metcal user myself, I would suggest contacting Fluke Met Support to help answer your question. I think they can be reached at http://support.fluke.com. The newest version of Metcal supposedly has expanded results that record some ridicuolous number of variables for each piece of data recorded. Of course, getting the information out in a format that works is another issue.

Joe

M

MBrwny20

Vset

The VSET, TSET FSC's in the Fluke METCAL reference and/or help files will show you how to set each parameter for uncertainty calculation. You can specify contributors U1 through Un, Resolution as 0.5R/square root of 3, you can select if you want to use Welch-Satterthwaite, Student T, etc. You can set the confidence level, degrees of freedom etc. You can also set the number of measurements to be taken, i.e. VSET nmeas=10, and if you want to throw away the first 1 or however many measurements ie VSET nthrow=1

See Fluke Application Note: Implementing ISO/IEC 17025 Measurment Uncertainty Requirements in MET/CAL Version 7.x

http://us.fluke.com/usen/support/ap...P(FlukeProducts)&parent=APP_FPM(FlukeProducts)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Is anyone here using Metcal / Met TEAM (8.1) Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
M MetCal procedure for EM Test Devices General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
C Need Help with procedure on Metcal Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 9
S Process Monitoring using SPC software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
J Megger MIT520/2 adjustment software? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 0
M Product Acceptance Software (PAS) PROCEDURE (BOEING D6-51991) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M 3D Scanner Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Y Software to Manage IEC 62304 Traceability Requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
T Software item classification and Detailed Design IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
T Software Unit definition - IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
T Software user interface - definition of hazards ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 15
T Classification Accessory Software medical device EU Medical Device Regulations 4
G Software Medical Device Classification EU Medical Device Regulations 7
D Software Validation Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
C. Tejeda Computer system validation approach for Minitab Statistical software Software Quality Assurance 7
B Can a software that receive data from a MD be classified as Class I?or is not a MD? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
A What JIRA Software workflows you use for your software lifecycle? IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
G Software change management Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
G IATF 7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/verification records :Program/software verification IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
John C. Abnet ...validation of computer software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
N Free statistical software Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
T ISO quality system software such as MQ1 (which is what we currently use) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
X Looking for 17025 auditor to perform internal audit on IT software testing laboratory ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
B ERP software validation - risk assessment vs validation scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D Guidance for Medical records software/template ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M MDSW Software importer distributor CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
B Software as a Medical Device - Language Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 6
B Software as a NON-medical device Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 23
qualprod 8.3 for software development. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
S Software design document NMPA guidance and consultant China Medical Device Regulations 4
C How to place software version for SaMD product in HIBC secondary data structure (UDI-PI)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
L Acquiring software from 3rd party company IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
R Validation of Software used in Verification Testing ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
A FMEA Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Medical Device Software POC Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
C Discus Software for First Article Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
D One Software as Medical Device product or two? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
V Internal Audit Software IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
Watchcat New Draft Guidance on Content of Premarket Submissions for Software Device "Functions" Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Watchcat Software validation vs design V&V? Other US Medical Device Regulations 27
M Initial Importer/Distributor and Software Validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
F Configurator for a power unit - Software or other solution? Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
D Test Management Software Software Quality Assurance 1
E ISO 13485 software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
D Tracking software versions used with instruments ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
dgrainger Informational MHRA's Software and AI as a Medical Device Change Programme UK Medical Device Regulations 0
S Do you follow your QMS for non-device software features? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
J Can we register non-device clinical decision support software under draft guidance? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
I Software (SaMD) mobile application verification testing: objective evidence Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
J EU equivalent to Clinical Decision Support Software EU Medical Device Regulations 3