Methods for determining Supplier Capacity in various industries

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Welcome to the Cove. You've replied to a post from ten years ago, so the chances of a response are not very good, I'm afraid. Feel free to ask questions.
Hello Mr. Wynne, I am quiet in the same situation. I want to find how the competitor companies perform Supplier capacity check. How can be these data collected or where?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Hello Mr. Wynne, I am quiet in the same situation. I want to find how the competitor companies perform Supplier capacity check. How can be these data collected or where?

Thanks in advance.
I can't add anything to what's already been posted in this thread. Potential suppliers aren't necessarily going to be honest about the subject, so the only way to have confidence in what they tell you is to visit them and observe. Ninja suggested look at Run at Rate, but that's generally done after a supplier is chosen.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
True. [email protected] essentially CONFIRMS that capacity is adequate, and typically is done after supplier is chosen.

The initial "capacity check" I've seen from customers is a question to me (me=supplier): "Do you have capacity to handle this? (Y/N)"

Side note: Since "Run" means make stuff, there is often money involved...making stuff costs money.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Choosing Supplier Evaluation Methods - Determining what a Critical Supplier is Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 31
Tagin Evaluating nonconformances for escalation using Bayesian methods? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
BeaBea ISO 9001 Customer Feedback Methods - What has worked for your company? Service Industry Specific Topics 17
S High voltage testing - ISO 17025 - 7.2.2 Validation of methods and 7.3 Sampling ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
R IEC 60601-1 - Different methods of achievement of the isolation IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
S IVF medical devices standards and test methods Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
S EU MDR Annex XIV - Clinical Evaluation Plan - What do these methods mean? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
O Software development plan : development methods IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
A Validation of Calibration Methods and Traceability - ISO 17025 ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
M Informational US – National Evaluation System for Health Technology Coordinating Center (NESTcc) Solicits Public Comments for Data Quality and Methods Frameworks Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
L SPC - Methods to collect data IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
N Control plan evaluation methods - Which methods should be carried over from the PFMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 3
D Do Test Methods completed to a standard require validation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
qualprod Methods to Calculate Available Production Rate ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
M Methods of reducing/eliminating the systematic component of error General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
S Methods to reduce relative humidity in Datacenter IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 3
K Alternate Control Methods (IATF 16949 Cl. 8.3.6.1) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
H ISO13485:2016 Measurement System - Methods General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
A Non-destructive testing methods are special processes? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18
S CAPA Investigation Methods Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Monitoring and Measurement Methods ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R OSHA - How often an employee needs to be Re-Trained on Safety Methods Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
Ron Rompen Sintered Metal Machined Parts Rust Removal Methods Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
B Gage R&R MSA - Variation, Tolerance, Variance by different methods IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
X Acceptable methods to store and archive records ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Rapid screening methods for antibiotic residues in Chicken Meat Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
J Software and Methods for Tracking CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) items US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
A What are methods and tools to measure Workload analysis ? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 1
Q Management Review - Alternative methods Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Gman2 Control of Records - Lets talk about modern methods Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5
R Gage Identification Methods in a Job Shop Calibration Frequency (Interval) 8
K Control Plan vs PFMEA Control Methods FMEA and Control Plans 1
S Consolidation of Testing Methods Using Minitab Software 3
G Visual Inspection of Machined Parts - Best Methods Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
E Methods in Measuring Angles or Checking Angles for tools? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 10
O Automotive Physical Testing Methods (Norms) and Requirements Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
M Practical Methods using Sampling by Variables Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Are 'Error Proofing Methods' required to be mentioned in Control Plans? FMEA and Control Plans 7
D Hotplate Temperature Verification Methods General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
S Methods used for Preservation of Salmonella Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
T Paper Quality Manual Change Control Methods Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
M PhD Thesis Data Statistical Analysis Methods Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
H Methods to Ensure that we are Purchasing what we've Designed Benchmarking 16
M Difference B/W Calibration Methods & SOPs General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
drgnrider Internal Auditor Evaluation Methods ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
kedarg6500 Surface Finish Measurement Methods Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
Mikey324 Testing Methods to Qualify Operators (Measuring Devices) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 4
B Best Methods for conducting Shadowgraph MSA Studies Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
K R&R, Cpk, Cgk - What is the difference between methods and what method is used? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R Control Methods for Helpdesk Reporting Service Industry Specific Topics 1