Metrology Room Lighting Requirements

M

MACIEK

Hello everyone.

May someone help me with a lighting requirement in metrology room/area.

-types of lamps that you use
-types of overhead lighting
-pictures of metrology labs.

Thank you very much for your help.

BradM

Leader
Admin
Hello there! We're glad you dropped by!:bigwave:

A question about the lighting... do you have any equipment/processes that can be influenced by lighting in the room? If so, what might they be?

As far as the pictures of the metrology labs, I'm not sure how many of those are out there. Too, every lab I have seen is different.

Do you have an existing lab, or are you going to construct one?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MACIEK

Yes i am going to construct one.
Right now what i have to work with is a regular fluorescent lighting witch does not provide me with enough light (regular office space lighting). There for i wanted to do some research what people are using or what their lab setups look like, unforunetly i can not google any good picures or articles regarding lab setups.

W

world quality

I set a lab up with the help of this (visual color requirements) Please note references, this will help out to.

Take the requirements and set up all lighting requirements. It does work.

Attachments

• VISUAL EVALUATION and COLOR DIFFERENCES.doc
    101 KB · Views: 345
W

world quality

I set a lab up with the help of this (visual color requirements) Please note references, this will help out to.

All Maciek, here is a lighting requirementf for labs.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• lighting req. for labs.pdf
    758.4 KB · Views: 312

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

That's good for color evaluation, but not necessarily for lab lighting in general. Also, in the following bit, I think (hope :D) the writer meant "conformity" rather than "infirmity."

The standardization of visual examination has greatly improved the infirmity of products and the accuracy of color matches.

There's some good information here about lab lighting in general, including basic descriptions of direct, indirect and bi-directional types.

Top Bottom