Micro Contamination - Emoderivates (producing albumin, etc from human plasma)

• Thread starter veronica_leon75
  • Start date
V

veronica_leon75

Micro Contamination

Hi everybody, First of all, let me wish you a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have been just hired by an hemoderivates (producing albumin, etc from human plasma)manufacturing plant, to establish a Quality Assurance system. The Plant Manager told me that 8 months ago, the plant was shut down for 5 months by the Government due to a pyrogen contamination. Today they still have problems with the water system. To start, I am planning to conduct a pre/assessment to understand their problems. Then I need to develop a plan to implemente the QA system. My concern is because I am not a microbiologist. Whta should you recommend ? Where can I find info about items like design contruction and installation for this type of industry.

Thanks, in advance : confused:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

DaveG

This is probably too late a response as I've just joined the forum.

That being said however, for others looking for references on micro, particularly pyrogens, the best place to check is the AAMI (American Association of Micriobiological Industy).

AAMI is the leader in promulgating standards for micro and has a number of sources and publications that should assist you greatly.

Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Tolerance limits for micro balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S IOQ protocol for a Micro-Vu measuring system - Is a PQ required? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
N How to Convert Micro Volts into Temperature Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
B Safety & EMC certificate updated when MCU (MIcro-Controller) is changed? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B How to QC Small Micro-Fill Volumes in Amber Vials Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Micro Tubing Concentricity Checking using Crosshairs Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
E Micro-Vu Inspec Software User Manual Needed Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
B ISO 9001 for a small Micro Software Company Software Quality Assurance 18
A Baked Food Micro and Nutrional Value Testing Requirements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Establishing Ranges for Weights for Calibration Verification of a Micro-Balance Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
B Hand Swabbing Employees - Guidelines of micro limits and procedures and frequency Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
C Creating a Micro QMS - 4 geographical sites and 3 types of core activities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S 8 micro inch reference specimen required - I have a Mitutoyo SV-622 profilometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Z What electronic height gage to buy? (micro-hite, fowler mestra, etc) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Calibration Requirements for MICRO 2 AIR COMPARATOR General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Effectiveness of Training... micro or macro? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
P Micro Hardness Tester Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Jen Kirley "Micro Combined-Heat-and-Power" System (micro-CHP) - The future of home energy? World News 10
Marc Advanced Micro Devices' new dual-core processors prices revealed After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc Micro direct methanol fuel cell system for IBM ThinkPad notebooks After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
C What is the least acceptable TAR value? Mettler UMX2 micro balance - Class E2 weights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
I Microbiological Testing - Bioburden and Identification of Micro-Organisms ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Systems Approach or Process Approach? Micro level of managing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 107
D SPC program called QC-Calc - Use with Micro-Vu equipment - Opinions please Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
B ISO 8536-4 Contamination Index ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
K Contamination Control - Class Is medical devices (Clause 6.4.2 ISO 13485:2016 (E)) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
D Infrastructure: Equipment, Work Environment and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
S When is ISO 13485:2016 6.4.2 Contamination Control appropriate? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
C Looking for source of silicone contamination in ISO Class 8 Cleanroom Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
J ISO 13485 - 7.5.2 cleanliness , 6.4.2 validation of special processes, and 6.4.2 contamination ability to be exempt? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M FDA News US FDA – Statement about rates of duodenoscope contamination from preliminary postmarket data Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D ISO: 13485:2016 Sec. 7.5.2 (C) - Requirements for cleanliness of product or contamination control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C 6.3Infrastructure & 6.4Work environnement & contamination control exclusion ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M Manufacture/Assembly Contamination Assessment Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 5
M Cleanliness and Contamination question (Medical Device Component Manufacturer) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S ARP 1820 Surface Contamination Testing Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
A Contamination: VDA 19.1 vs DIN 8964-C1 VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 3
N Control of Metal Plating Baths - Contamination from base metals Service Industry Specific Topics 4
P What is ion contamination? Specs are C-7000 & Q1000-119 - Material is Ultradur B4300 Manufacturing and Related Processes 12
D US Laboratory which can do Bosch test F 02N P00 089 Contamination Spec VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 4
0 Calculation of Contamination Reduction Efficiency Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
I RoHS vs Non-RoHS - Best Practice for preventing Cross-Contamination? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
N What is the best way to check Plastic for Contamination? Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
C ISO 13485 Clause 7.5.1.2.1 Cleanliness of Product and Contamination Control Question ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B ISO 13485 7.5.1.2.1 Cleanliness and Contamination of Product Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
R Cleanliness of Product & Service and Contamination Control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
0 Process Metal Contamination Prevention (from metal scissors?) Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
R Product Contamination Risk Analysis AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
S NADCAP and CCA (Particle Counting) in a Controlled Contamination Area - Standards AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Medical Device Risk Assessment - Environmental Contamination ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2