Micro-Vu InSpec Software Program

Hey everyone,

I am writing a program for measuring of Stents (length determination and diameter) on Micro Vu Vertex (Automated Precision Measurement Systems). Can anyone recommend the type of validation/verification/qualification for such a program?
I am considering doing a measurement system analysis (GR&R Test) comparing with a caliper (with this we have measured before)…any suggestions? Is a GR&R-test acceptable?
I need some thoughts and I would love to have your help on it.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Howdy LuniA19. Welcome to The Cove.

I've used the InSpec software on a MicroVu 120 almost exclusively (since that's what we had...)

The GRR is near mandatory in my view...but I wouldn't bother comparing to a caliper. That is like checking a micrometer by using a tape measure.
If you want a comparison, get some similar length (traceable) gage blocks and compare the MicroVu measurement to them.
I'd even be tempted to put one of the blocks into the GRR if you can use the same length program on the Stent and the block.

The biggest thing to pay attention to when setting up the program is the lighting...changes in lighting can wildly change the feature recognition.
For length, assuming a right cylindrical stent) I would use back lighting (under stage lighting).
For ID and OD, you'll have to play with the LED ring lighting and columnar lighting to see what makes the most sense.
...and, especially looking at the end of a thin wall tube, put a pause in the program for the operator to confirm accurate focus before capture.

If you are running automated across many samples, I suggest you fashion a holding jig. You'll save the cost in labor time almost immediately.
Especially with higher aspect ratio parts standing on end....you'll have to handle the 'wobble'.

When making the measurement, do not use a single operator defined point in your data...if the operator tells it where the part is, have the software look there and find the part for itself...your AV% in GRR should go down near zero if you do that.

Oh, BTW...if you haven't already...buy the etched glass calibration grid. This allows you to "Stage verify" as often as you like down to a 50millionths RMS error.

HTH

Thank you so much for all the information! I will definitely need your advice.
Honestly I am just in the beginning of creating an automated method that can measure several Stents one after another.
My problem is now that if I capture one Stent by setting the coordinates of the Stent's marker the machine measures it well, but when I change the Stent it can't find this second one.
Have you any Idea how to set it up right in the Inspec Software ?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
You really only have two choices on the initial find of the second part...either the operator moves the stage to bring the next part into view, then clicks on a particular feature or area (focus point) then hits continue...or you make a multi-up jig so the parts are always in the same relative positions.

With a 10-up jig, say...you can program from the jig starting point, which again has to be manually found...then program to measure all 10 parts in one go.

If you randomly put the parts around the stage, no program will be able to search around and identify them without an operator at least saying "here's one" by placing a point or focus point. Note for the Vertex, 1mm different than last time may as well be 'random'.

Can you use the 'o-ring' step for your diameter? That is quick and easy...so long as it's accurate for your part.

I have tried with multi-up jig and it makes sense. But how can i let the program stop automatically when it has measured the end of the Stent? because i have many Stents with different lengths

Ninja

Looking for Reality
That said...how different are the lengths? Can you use a narrow, long F-line box with center point at 20x to 'find' the edge of the next part, then reset origin and move there?

That's much of the point of a multi-up jig...the 'not-stopping' part...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Micro-Vu Inspec Software User Manual Needed Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S Tolerance limits for micro balance General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
S IOQ protocol for a Micro-Vu measuring system - Is a PQ required? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 2
N How to Convert Micro Volts into Temperature Uncertainty Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
B Safety & EMC certificate updated when MCU (MIcro-Controller) is changed? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B How to QC Small Micro-Fill Volumes in Amber Vials Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
J Micro Tubing Concentricity Checking using Crosshairs Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
B ISO 9001 for a small Micro Software Company Software Quality Assurance 18
A Baked Food Micro and Nutrional Value Testing Requirements Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Establishing Ranges for Weights for Calibration Verification of a Micro-Balance Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
B Hand Swabbing Employees - Guidelines of micro limits and procedures and frequency Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
C Creating a Micro QMS - 4 geographical sites and 3 types of core activities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S 8 micro inch reference specimen required - I have a Mitutoyo SV-622 profilometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
Z What electronic height gage to buy? (micro-hite, fowler mestra, etc) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Calibration Requirements for MICRO 2 AIR COMPARATOR General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A Effectiveness of Training... micro or macro? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 29
P Micro Hardness Tester Gage R&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Jen Kirley "Micro Combined-Heat-and-Power" System (micro-CHP) - The future of home energy? World News 10
Marc Advanced Micro Devices' new dual-core processors prices revealed After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 2
Marc Micro direct methanol fuel cell system for IBM ThinkPad notebooks After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
C What is the least acceptable TAR value? Mettler UMX2 micro balance - Class E2 weights General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
I Microbiological Testing - Bioburden and Identification of Micro-Organisms ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Systems Approach or Process Approach? Micro level of managing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 107
D SPC program called QC-Calc - Use with Micro-Vu equipment - Opinions please Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
V Micro Contamination - Emoderivates (producing albumin, etc from human plasma) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
dgrainger Informational MHRA's Software and AI as a Medical Device Change Programme UK Medical Device Regulations 0
S Do you follow your QMS for non-device software features? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 4
J Can we register non-device clinical decision support software under draft guidance? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
I Software (SaMD) mobile application verification testing: objective evidence Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 2
J EU equivalent to Clinical Decision Support Software EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Y ISO 13485:2015 Software Validation IQ/OQ/PQ ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
S Recommended software to send Quality scorecards to suppliers (external providers) Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Software as a Medical Device - SaMD IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
BeaBea QMS/ Training Management Software Service Industry Specific Topics 4
shimonv Working with a software developer who is not setup for IEC 62304 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 9
R Debug mode in software/device validation IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 2
Q Gage calibration / tracking software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M Software verification and validation AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Y RT-qPCR Software result EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B A.I diagnostic software is considered as medical device in FDA? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
F WANTED Senior Software engineer Career and Occupation Discussions 2
P Blood establishment computer software EU classification EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S Examples of FDA acceptable Software Design Specification (SDS) Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 6
D Integrated Management System Software Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
B Sampling strategies/techniques for software QA Software Quality Assurance 2
K MDCG-2020-3 (about the software of UI) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D PFMEA Software search IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
C MDR software classification EU Medical Device Regulations 12
H Class II a vs "software safety class A" IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 3
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5