Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Microsoft Access APQP type database for Process Flow, FMEA, Control Plan, etc.

hansin

Starting to get Involved
Absolutely. This would help generate ideas and aid others. This is how I have learnt databasing so far, by looking at others DBs and learning how they have developed functionality etc....
I want to get it and learn how to creat a apqp database,but i am poor in access!

M

Matt W - 2009

I have been working on a stripped down version of my database for some time now as I've left my previous company and in my current role I personally have no use for it now. So as such I felt it would be better to share it than just leave it to gather dust so to speak. However with work commitments etc this is a very low priority for me, watch this space as I will post it at some point in the future - although what timescale this may be I've got no idea!

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted
I have been working on a stripped down version of my database for some time now as I've left my previous company and in my current role I personally have no use for it now. So as such I felt it would be better to share it than just leave it to gather dust so to speak. However with work commitments etc this is a very low priority for me, watch this space as I will post it at some point in the future - although what timescale this may be I've got no idea!
Thanks Matt, that would be great if you can share it. We look forward to seeing it sometime in the future! :)

P

processanalyzer

I was lucky enough to sit in on a demonstration of software that is being developed that uses Microsoft office, the access and excell, and if you think this stuff has no power you are missing the most incredible thing you will ever see. It is equal to minitab in every way and might have more capabilities. If I may say, the company is Dbar-innovations, look in the www. call them and get a demo, it is worth it if for any other reason to see what they did with a cheap little Microsoft package.

A

Amouchicou

If you can develop with VB in access, then there is little limitation to what you can't do. The big question is: is it worth it??? buying software vs. create your own tool.

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted
If you can develop with VB in access, then there is little limitation to what you can't do. The big question is: is it worth it??? buying software vs. create your own tool.
Yes a balancing act indeed. But think of it this way: Buying "off the shelf" means less development resource, but does mean (unless you are very lucky!) adjusting your processes and procedures to suit the software. Which means HR resource in terms of physically implementing the require changes and holding the changes in terms of training etc....

A self-developed kit can be tailored to how you actually do this. However of course this consumes more resource on the development front. However, it is dangerous game in terms of just replicating what you currently do, this may not be the best way to do it!!! An established off the shelf option may include best practice!!!

Like I say a balancing act, especially in terms of APQP, that is supposed to be a standardised approach to product realisation anyway!!!? :bonk:

M

mcward316

Matt W / Manix, did you ever come up with something worth posting? I think it would be extremely valuable. Thanks.

M

mcward316

Re: Microsoft Access - APQP type database for process flow, fmea, control plan, etc.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for your interest. Sorry, nothing yet, as I have been pulled away on other things! I am still rounding off the Concern Database (NCM, Cust Complaints, Cust Rtns & Audit findings) and will try and publish some output from that in the near future.

I will produce an APQP type database and I PROMISE to publish some of my ideas here. Watch this space. You never know, you may have just spurred me on to get on with it!!!!
Manix? How is your progress going?

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted
Re: Microsoft Access - APQP type database for process flow, fmea, control plan, etc.

Manix? How is your progress going?
Hi and Welcome to the cove.

I do have a Quality Concern Database that includes customer concerns, NCMs, corrective actions, supplier performance etc... but I cannot post anything here without significant work in neutralising it and scaling it down. Also I don't think it is the best developed piece of kit as it's kind of grown organically. It is very cumbersome in terms of structure, I am sure a "real" programmer would probably have a heart attack if they saw it!!

In terms of APQP elements, I am no further forward. It is still an area of interest for me to develop, as learning lessons from precious projects is important to us, so the FMEA element is critical to enable this.

If you are more specific on what you want ot get from such a tool, I may be able to offer you snippets on how we have tackled it using Access. We have recently moved to Access 2010 which is much "nicer" to use and develop than previous versions, though all my best work resides in 2003.

Happy to help with anything specific you need help with :) Let me know.

Top Bottom