Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Microsoft Access Database for In-Process Run Charts

C

Cullet

This may be a little off topic here, but I am developing a Microsoft Access database to collect weight data from an in-process scale to create run charts. I am having issues with VBA in getting the serial port communication to recieve data over the RS232 line. Does anyone have an Access database or Excel spreadsheet that already perfoms this function that they can post on here? I would prefer to see how the code works rather than go into details about how new and lost I am when it comes to Visual Basic. Thanks in advance if anyone can be of help.

Regards,
Cullet

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Welcome to The Cove! :bigwave:

I would have expected more people to use Excel for this. Is there a reason you chose Access over Excel?

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
This sounds like a communications question/help topic. I'm sorry I can't help, but if I read you right you want something that will interface with a scale via the RS232 line ports.

You want:

Scale data output ---> <via RS232 line> ---> Computer -> Data entry in a database or excel.

C

Cullet

That is exactly what I am looking to do. I already have a program that I purchased from the scale manufacturer that imports the data into excel. However, I created an Access Database that is more operator friendly and would like to be able to do the same thing (import data) into Access. I have looked on Visual Basic forums for help but thought that if someone on here already had a program that did this and was willing to post a copy, it would save me a lot of time and frustration. If not, that's ok, I just thought I would give it a shot.

Regards,
Cullet

CycleMike

Registered Visitor
This may be a little off topic here, but I am developing a Microsoft Access database to collect weight data from an in-process scale to create run charts. I am having issues with VBA in getting the serial port communication to recieve data over the RS232 line. Does anyone have an Access database or Excel spreadsheet that already perfoms this function that they can post on here? I would prefer to see how the code works rather than go into details about how new and lost I am when it comes to Visual Basic. Thanks in advance if anyone can be of help.

Regards,
Cullet
What do you have for code so far?

Top Bottom