Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

Microsoft Access Integrated Database Question - PPAP Module

jkittle

Involved - Posts
Is there any access people out that can help me? I'm trying to create an integrated database and I'm doing the PPAP module now.

I want to take all the information on the data entry form and create a report that I can print based on the "ID" number and have the same check boxes on the report and the ones selected for that record.

When I create the report none the check box fields transfer over as check boxes. I have tried to create the option list on the report but can't get them to tie back to the record.

Example: The form field “Reason For Submission” is an option group with 10 options that are stored in the table as a number. I want my report to show all 10 of the option heck boxes and show which one is checked based on what was checked in the entry form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Q

qualitychic

Re: Microsoft Access Question

Would it be possible for you to e-mail the files so I can understand it better? I'm more of a visual person......

Sunday

Involved In Discussions
It seems that you are mixing data types. An option group saves the value of the chosen option in a numeric field. A check box is a logical value (boolean or true/false, yes / no). If you want to save which option was selected, create separate fields in your table which are Yes/NO types. Your form can then include VB code to set various logical values based on the state of particular fields (after update events).

A good Access reference book may also help you up the learning curve. Get your company to pony up the $$$...

Sunday

Involved In Discussions
The other way to accomplish this may be by using a combo box getting its record source from a separate table of your 10 choices.

jkittle

Involved - Posts
Actually the option groups are stored as numeric values. You can use a single check box as a "yes or No" value but when you create option groups you have to store them as number values. These are stored in one field in the table and you link the value back to the description of the option.

Anyway I know you can create reports that have check boxes or option groups that come up with the value checked as it was on the entry form. I'm just not sure how to do it.

The whole point is to create the report so when it's printed out it will look like the AIAG part submission warrant. I attached a strpped down DB version for review.

Attachments

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted
Hi,

I have done this by creating an unbound option group to replicate what you have on your forms. Do this in the design view of your report. All you do then is change the control source of this combo to the field from the table you want to display the info. I have added this to your report for the material reporting option group and it seems to work, see the attached.

Hope that helps. Any problems, let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:

jkittle

Involved - Posts
Manix,

When you up loaded your changes it saved the file as a ".rar" file.

I'm not sure what this file extension is but I can not open it with Access.

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted
Apologies, I am in the habit of using WINRAR for all the compression I do! It is better than WINZIP and still allows you to open and create ZIP files. I recommend WINRAR to everyone, you tend to get a better compression ratio.

A Zip file is not attached above. Hope it does help!

Top Bottom